Octavia VRS Estate - Wheel Changing Kit

Hi all,

Hoping you can help. I've searched the forum and online but as of yet, I can't see any clear answer.

I've recently bought a MK3 Octavia VRS Estate. I just had a look for a spare wheel today... couldn't find one. From what I gather, when ordering the car, buyers had the option of a conventional space saver spare wheel and kit OR the foam / gunge with compressor box, correct?

Even with the foam/gunge/compressor box option, should this include everything else but the spare wheel?

As per the owner's manual;

1. Screwdriver - check
2. Key for removing and installing the tail light - check
3. Adapter for anti-theft wheel bolts - check

4. Towing eye - check

5. Clamps for removing wheel trips - check
6. Car jack - NONE
7. Crank for jack - NONE
8. Wheel wrench - NONE
9. Extraction pliers for wheel bolt caps - NONE (cheap from any dealer I believe, maybe just lost by previous owner)
10. Replacement bulb set - Unsure

As above, I'm missing a few things and as you can see from my pictures, my kit looks bare.

My question: Should I have the items I'm missing even without a spare wheel?

I may still want to remove the wheels at some point and I would have thought Skoda would recognise this will be the case for many owners and many situations. Any help would be much appreciated before I go back to the dealer.

Thanks
Mark

Photo 24-09-2017, 12 57 04.jpg

Photo 24-09-2017, 12 57 57.jpg

Mine is the same as yours, I am assuming as we didn't buy a spare wheel kit, Skoda decided that we didnt need/want the jack etc.

I suppose there is no point having the jack if you don't have a replacement wheel.

On the plus side the empty compartment was perfect when I was on holiday in France to store bottles of wine to bring home  - so every cloud and all that!! :D

And it's a good saving for Skoda or an extra £150 or whatever when you plump for the wheel. I think mine was £100 in Jan 15 but worth it having recently seen a tyre completely sliced open and it stranded the Beemer ...its run flat didn't have a chance. The best you can hope for with the spray kit is that it''s a small nail and you can get to a tyre bay to get it sorted. 

This is really disappointing from Skoda to be honest. Scrimping on things like this will only cause people to harp back to 'old' views of the brand. Cheaper for a reason! A VW would have came with the complete kit.

At least I know now that I'm not the only one. Thank you all for the info, really helpful.

3 hours ago, markboyle said:

This is really disappointing from Skoda to be honest. Scrimping on things like this will only cause people to harp back to 'old' views of the brand. Cheaper for a reason! A VW would have came with the complete kit.

At least I know now that I'm not the only one. Thank you all for the info, really helpful.

Mark at least there is a wheel well so you can have the option, BMW's & Mercs don't even have the wheel well FFS

On 25/09/2017 at 16:42, markboyle said:

Annoying but it's been like this for years....when I bought my previous O2 VRS new in 2010 the spare wheel was an option. Brands that provide a spare as standard are probably in the minority. Its certainly a thing to check when buying used. 

All the manufacturers are up to this trick now. Never tried the can of goo and compressor but I guess it's how severe the damage is.

A full size 18" wheel & tyre fits in the wheel well. I just picked up a VW scissor jack to be safe.

@markboyle 

I have also just bought a space saver for my petrol VRS 2015 model (got it £40 from a private seller) am after the polystyrene insert. Did you buy from Skoda? Or can you find them online anywhere?

Edited by MATTLUMBARD
Bad spelling

On 25/09/2017 at 12:11, Dave77 said:

I bought mine last week and have the same in the boot

I have order a wheel for £75 via a search on https://www.partsgateway.co.uk/

And a toolkit from http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Octavia_Mark_3_VRS-_Spare_Wheel_Tool_Kit_5E0093860A

1 hour ago, MATTLUMBARD said:

@markboyle 

I have also just bought a space saver for my petrol VRS 2015 model (got it £40 from a private seller) am after the polystyrene insert. Did you buy from Skoda? Or can you find them online anywhere?

See the link above. Mine arrived last week and it comes with the piece needed to secure the wheel to the car.