Yeti 2012 170 DPF air intake

MuddyLanes

At the front of the engine compartment in my Yeti 4x4 is what looks like an air-intake. Its lid was rattling around loose under the bonnet. Two questions -

Has anybody else had this lid come loose? It really doesn't fit back on with a satisfying "click" so I'm thinking I may have to figure out some way to

keep it in place.

Should there be a filter of some sort in there? Else why would it have a (self) removing lid????

Yeti Air intake.jpg

Just checked my 170 and it’s empty too - refit cover and forget is what I say!

mine has never come loose - two tabs hold it down on mine

Edited by sixer

Thanks, chaps.

Tabs seem OK on mine, but it still won't sit down securely. Thought about a tie-wrap, but not easy to find a place to wrap it around.

Relieved to hear that I haven't shed a filter! But still puzzled as to why the lid comes off at all!

2 hours ago, MuddyLanes said:

Thanks, chaps.

Tabs seem OK on mine, but it still won't sit down securely. Thought about a tie-wrap, but not easy to find a place to wrap it around.

Relieved to hear that I haven't shed a filter! But still puzzled as to why the lid comes off at all!

Because the can collect all sorts of crap, from leaves to feathers.

And I suspect it would be a VERY expensive moulding to make in one piece!

11 minutes ago, Llanigraham said:

Because the can collect all sorts of crap, from leaves to feathers.

And I suspect it would be a VERY expensive moulding to make in one piece!

Good point. And I'll check for leaves periodically!

Mine came off as well. The dealer tried to put it back on, but would not stay. I believe one of the tabs breaks off, and it is very difficult to see where it was. They then put on a new one, and it has stayed on since.

23 hours ago, paulfjr said:

Mine came off as well. The dealer tried to put it back on, but would not stay. I believe one of the tabs breaks off, and it is very difficult to see where it was. They then put on a new one, and it has stayed on since.

OK, thanks for the info. I'm going to see if I can get a tie-wrap around the body of the moulding.