Karoq colours

SurreyJohn

The new brochure is now on Skoda UK website

http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/downloads/brochures/brochure_karoq.pdf

Some new colours : Emerald green, energy blue, velvet red

white, black and grey are still there for the monochrome fans.

• Like 3

Like the simple Energy Blue. I'd want to see the Red "in the flesh" but I get the feeling that maybe more appropriate for a RS version, rather than the standard one.

The Emerald Green looks quite nice, not sure about the Cappuccino, the Quartz Grey looks understated. But I still won't be interested until a poky petrol 4x4 DSG becomes available.

Care Connect 3 years & Infotainment Online 1 year  £400
Electrically operated boot  £500 or Virtual pedal with Electrically operated boot  £650
LED interior light package  £350
If you want Amundsen touchscreen satellite navigation system £400 you have to have Care Connect 3 years & Infotainment Online 1 year  £400
Plus more on configurator
Edited by skoda1982

Great to see an actual brochure, thanks for that.

Not the Aussie spec model that I might be interested in but at least a RHD version so that's a start.

What I have trouble with is a 28 page document and not one mention of engine size/specs, drivetrain configurations, gearing, brake size, type etc.

Does no one care about this stuff anymore ?

Sure, it's got wireless charging for my mobile phone but is that the most important thing I want from a CAR.

Answer = NO

Edited by AUSKOUT

6 minutes ago, AUSKOUT said:

What I have trouble with is a 28 page document and not one mention of engine size/specs, drivetrain configurations, gearing, brake size, type etc.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/downloads/brochures/karoq_pricing_specs.pdf

This any help? 

I've noticed that some of the colours on the Karoq visualiser are wildly different from reality. Petrol blue for instance:

59d4b3d1b7043_Petrolblue.jpg.d09a578a0e10b26badbc111a0fd5174f.jpg

59d4b3d14dea6_PetrolblueKodiaq.jpg.a09bbfaa6334373e840829899559e06d.jpg

The Karoq blue doesn't even look metallic!

I quite like the Emerald green but would definitely need to see it in the flesh before I pass judgement.

59d4b44dae7be_Emeraldgreen.jpg.ee4c7b4c77c22867e9bdca81e692ee6c.jpg

The flat metoer grey looked really nice on the VRs Octavia... Not sure about it on the Karoq... it's different...

59d4b56906652_Meteorgrey.jpg.c2d3808e26a3713f165b8e294e25af07.jpg

24 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Must be a fair few bags of cement in the boot of those with that arch gap. 

Whoops! Yes... Those are the larger 19" alloys without the compulsory "Additional body cover on wheel arch and side sill" so it looks wrong! 

With sills:

59d4ba3850e50_19inchsills.jpg.60be053cad92a74b3151577ac0ea33fe.jpg

Also "Visualiser"... you clearly have to pretend your family is in the back!

The Yeti Arches are whoopers in comparison!

59d4be2ae2274_Yetiarches.jpg.e22fc4ea4fe7373de53416beb5c144c9.jpg

Edited by philipashby
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

at £900

Shouldn't be too many around then! :)

As said though, I'd want to see it in the metal as it looks very bright on my tablet. Wouldn't want it to clash with my TT!

Actually I want to see any potential choice in the metal before choosing. I love my Petrol Blue Yeti but don't really fancy it on the Karoq as with the Kodiaq. As someone said on the Yeti forum it's a colour that's a throwback to the nineties!

I think the lighter and brighter colours will suit the Karoq better.

Yesterday i spotted a SUV in a bottle green, twin exhausts and looked a bit mean off in the distance, so caught it up to see and it was a Ford Kuga, and there was a great big ST badge on the passenger side rear.

I was surprised so googled it when safely stopped.

So what a surprise to see they are just ST-Line with all the show and probably just enough go.  Liked the colour though.

AY17NDK_3.jpg

2017-ford-kuga-st-line-0.jpg

Edited by Headinawayoffski

On the Ford front I followed an Ecosport on the way home. Hadn't seen/noticed one before.

Quite boxy looking and could appeal to some looking for a Yeti replacement though the engines are probably too small for some and I doubt will be as roomy inside.

There certainly is a huge range of different SUV's available now and a big proportion of them on the roads.

Edit: Maybe not, just read the Auto Express review - no wonder I've not seen many i.e. one!  

Edited by VAGCF

I've seen a few of the ecosports and I think they're hideous, especially in yellow.   Just a bland box on a fiesta floorpan.  Even one of the reversing lights is fake as it is the boot open lever with chrome trim to make it look identical.

^^^ Lots of these little Fords SUV's around here with couples having them as 2nd cars for going dogging (sorry dog walking, where they drive maybe a mile to a car park near the countryside then walk their dogs!!!) rather than using their good car.

?

Will the right hand drive Karoq being sold in the UK have a pair of Reversing lights and a pair or rear fog lights?

EDIT.

I had a look in at the Ford Dealership and those small Ford SUV's are pretty inoffensive and provide nice easy access, 

and the choice of colours is OK.  

Ford RRP's on small cars are pretty high, but then lots they shift are to Motability'. & you can get £3.500-£4,000 of an under £20,000 car.

Maybe Skoda will have Motability buying quite a few Karoq once they are on the list.

DSCN3240.JPG

DSCN3241.JPG

DSCN3242.JPG

DSCN3244.JPG

DSCN3245.JPG

Edited by Headinawayoffski

5 hours ago, roo said:

I've seen a few of the ecosports and I think they're hideous, especially in yellow.   Just a bland box on a fiesta floorpan.  Even one of the reversing lights is fake as it is the boot open lever with chrome trim to make it look identical.

Looked OK from the rear when I was following it and also from the side when overtaking. Front wasn't very pretty though, but you could say all this about the Yeti! :)

I don't think it is on a Fiesta floor plan which is one of the criticisms of it.

On the Ford web-site there is the existing and new Ecosports, the new one looks like the one I saw. The earlier one fits your description better.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We went for the quartz (gun metal) grey.

Petrol Blue is an intriguing colour. We saw it on another model at the dealers on a sunny winters day and it looks a completely different blue from every angle. Sunny side it was gorgeous but on the shady side less so. I had a BMW 3 Series in a greeny-grey for 10 years and I only liked the colour in certain conditions - at dawn and dusk it was the grey I thought I'd ordered. This put me off petrol blue on this occassion.