How to fold manually eletric mirror

Nearside door mirror broken in self inflicted mishap. It is now attached to door by heavy duty tape and cannot be folded although all other electrical functions work ie puddle light, indicator, and adjustment of mirror glass. The drivers mirror works perfectly.

When I lock car and hold button on key fob the drivers mirror folds but the passengers mirror makes grinding noise because its folding mechanism is kaput. Is there a way to fold drivers mirror by hand. Or better still isolate the passenger door mirror by appropriate (and careful) use of vcds.

1 minute ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Can folding mirrors be deactivated Via the Car Settings on the Radio, untick a box, 

Not on a MK2 Octavia as there are no 'car settings' in the infotainment system ;)

On 06/10/2017 at 21:48, charlotteSimon said:

Hi

Did you get this done and did it cost around £1600?

Thanks I have a Scout as well and think it needs doing on mine.....

3 hours ago, Kris82 said:

Did this on my last Audi. Bypassed the water cooling pipes with 22mm copper pipe and jubilee clips then deleted the egr cooler altogether with blanking plates. 

i have heard it’s fine to bypass the cooler as you say you did with your audi. but i have been told that as long as the egr is bypassed via the software in  ecu then you do not have to physically remove it and blank it off. but you do still have to bypass the cooling side. this sound right to you?

Thanks to Langers2K for the Ross link.

Auric's  Mk111 post showing how  to bypass folding when parked up just makes me realise how old the technology of my FL Mk11 is. I suppose on a Mk11 this can be done by maxi-dot, an option I don't have.

34 minutes ago, flinflon said:

Thanks to Langers2K for the Ross link.

Auric's  Mk111 post showing how  to bypass folding when parked up just makes me realise how old the technology of my FL Mk11 is. I suppose on a Mk11 this can be done by maxi-dot, an option I don't have.

it doesn't as the parked option is for folding when locking the car (both mirrors)

as you only want one to fold vcds is your only easy option

the other option is to remove the 2 wires from the mirror plug, this would require the door card to be removed

OK Eddie it will have to be the vcds solution. Flat battery on laptop now replaced so I can now fire up vcds (version 16) and start working out the "-4096" to the passenger side door mirror as per your good self and Langers2k.

• 2 weeks later...

From vcds scan, passenger door address 52 shows the current coding is 0004854. So if I subtract 4096 this will give a new coding of 0000758. Is my maths correct? This may be Janet and John stuff but I'm far too old to rely on my ability to remember this type of calculation!

6 minutes ago, flinflon said:

From vcds scan, passenger door address 52 shows the current coding is 0004854. So if I subtract 4096 this will give a new coding of 0000758. Is my maths correct? This may be Janet and John stuff but I'm far too old to rely on my ability to remember this type of calculation!

That is correct