Skodafest 2018

tonyblue

2 hours ago, john2017 said:

Hi, We will be attending in a white fabia 2 mc tsi.

Hope the weather holds!

Best wishes,

John and Gemma

Im trying to convince my wife to bring her Fabia MC along with my Octavia. 

1 hour ago, jpnc01 said:

Hopefully going,will be the first time ! Can you park up anywhere ? Or different models different areas ?

I think there are those who park together in a show format and general parking, I will use the latter.

1 hour ago, Phillips said:

Im trying to convince my wife to bring her Fabia MC along with my Octavia. 

I guess you could take it in turns - ladies first!

Hi guys, will try to make the Tibshelf 8am Yorkshire meetup & convoy. Is this a breakfast stop, as event site doesn't open until 10am?

Otherwise will just trundle down and see you all there!

Looks like its a £5 per person admission fee.

Richard.

Edited by RichardatWakefield
Add more detail.

hi , is there a number to which I can contact about this show as I would like to put a stand on for cleaning products please ?.

I know its ate in the day , but my son has just told me about it 

6 minutes ago, andycap2 said:

hi , is there a number to which I can contact about this show as I would like to put a stand on for cleaning products please ?.

I know its ate in the day , but my son has just told me about it 

Hi,

I remember seeing the following on the facebook event page;

'Stands: We do not have the facilities to have organised stands within the show. However, we have no problem with attending groups parking together and creating your own stand. The best way to achieve this is to all arrive together and then find a suitable patch of grass. Banners and flags welcomed. '

see also;

'Trade Stands: A selection of trade stands will be present on the day. 
Auto Jumbling: Everyone is welcome to bring any car parts to sell / trade.'

Not sure if all the trade stands will be allocated now, but it might be worth contacting Skoda owners club GB (the organisers), can find contact details on their website: http://skodaowners.org/contact-us/

Hope this helps

6 minutes ago, Awkward_Josh said:

hi josh , 

thanks for that , I ve emailed them and waiting for a reply , just trying to speed things up I suppose .. lol , we are a new company to the car world and just trying to get the products out there , hopefully we will be there , it all depends on the cost of a stand/pitch . it will be our first event with the skoda , I ve got an Octavia and my son has an Octavia estate 4X4 , I m hoping he will join us 

Hi,

I remember seeing the following on the facebook event page;

'Stands: We do not have the facilities to have organised stands within the show. However, we have no problem with attending groups parking together and creating your own stand. The best way to achieve this is to all arrive together and then find a suitable patch of grass. Banners and flags welcomed. '

see also;

'Trade Stands: A selection of trade stands will be present on the day. 
Auto Jumbling: Everyone is welcome to bring any car parts to sell / trade.'

Not sure if all the trade stands will be allocated now, but it might be worth contacting Skoda owners club GB (the organisers), can find contact details on their website: http://skodaowners.org/contact-us/

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Just now, andycap2 said:

hi josh , 

thanks for that , I ve emailed them and waiting for a reply , just trying to speed things up I suppose .. lol , we are a new company to the car world and just trying to get the products out there , hopefully we will be there , it all depends on the cost of a stand/pitch . it will be our first event with the skoda , I ve got an Octavia and my son has an Octavia estate 4X4 , I m hoping he will join us 

No worries :)

Even if they have no stands left/they are too expensive, it might be worth running some kind of stand out of the boot of the two cars! park the 2 cars next to each other and you should have a decent amount of space to sell from...

from what they put on Facebook in regards to auto jumbling ('Auto Jumbling: Everyone is welcome to bring any car parts to sell / trade.') I'm sure there will be a few people doing that anyway.

Good luck with it and hope to see you there,

Josh

well see  buddy, many thanks . we d like to be there , we are" A & H Automotive Cleaning Products " . if you go on facebook that's my page on there , if you want to look at our prices ?. send me your details and I ll send you either email or messenger ?. 

10 minutes ago, andycap2 said:

well see  buddy, many thanks . we d like to be there , we are" A & H Automotive Cleaning Products " . if you go on facebook that's my page on there , if you want to look at our prices ?. send me your details and I ll send you either email or messenger ?. 

Yea I've seen a few posts from yourselves on the Skoda Owners UK page on Facebook actually, 

I'll have a look at the pricing actually as I seem to be running out of everything all at once haha 

Happy to confirm attendance with my Father  :party:  (who's most recent car is Octy Mk2, and first was a 1977 Skoda Estelle) - that's now 41 years of brand loyalty!  :thumbup:

Looking forward to meeting fellow "Skodanians", and taking in all the sights and sounds of the fabby Skodas!  :)

Safe journeys everyone!

YA.

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:12, Craigusus said:

There's a few of us from OvRSOC and OvRSMK1OC coming up from the SE/London/Kent/Essex areas. We are looking at meeting at Toddington Services North on the M1 at 9 am, to have a quick pee/coffee/breakfast/fuel stop then convoy on to Stanford Hall. About an hour away.

Will mainly be Octavia vRS' but the more the merrier.

Sounds good - we're heading over from N.E. Essex, so will try to meet you all there  :)

(If we get delayed for some reason though, please don't wait for us!)

YA

On 20/05/2018 at 20:20, Kenrw8 said:

I'll be there

Hi ken, we tried to find you today, do you have a royal blue Fabian mk2?

best wishes,

john

5 hours ago, john2017 said:

Hi ken, we tried to find you today, do you have a royal blue Fabian mk2?

best wishes,

john

Apologies for not seeing you I wondered around and ha a guided tour of the house.  It's known as Pacific blue , my reg starts YB60 if that's the one you saw.

Edited by Kenrw8

1 hour ago, Kenrw8 said:

Apologies for not seeing you I wondered around and ha a guided tour of the house.  It's known as Pacific blue , my reg starts YB60 if that's the one you saw.

Hi Ken, yes that's the reg number, I took some photos to remember the reg so will post with your permission.

Were you there with your wife, did you look at a white fabia monte carlo tsi and notice my kerbed alloys?

Yes to posting pictures.

My son red Mk1 vRS was the other side of the tree to the right if mine.

I recall a  VK62, I think, was that yours?

I left at 2:30 ish, a 3hr drive home, we set off at 6am , my son stayed longer.

It was a great day and enjoyed it.

I'm going to VAGtuner, though not in mine , but with my other son, with a mk1 1.9 tdl. He wants to get it remapped. Shark usually has an offer at VAGtuner.