Interior Door Handle Snapped

I took the door card off.

it's not a difficult job and I think there is a post on here somewhere that shows it (I found it after I had done mine!)

The white plastic piece is only removable whith the door card off IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, mine has just become very loose (I can see the plastic starting to sheer on the handle)!

• I've just ordered a replacement using the part number on page 1 (thanks @psul).
  • I've also looked at the door card removal guide (thanks @JGrindel).

However, do I have to disconnect the battery? Can I just do it without faffing around under the bonnet?

Hoping this is a straightforward job! Thanks :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seems a very common problem.  My daughter has just purchased a 66 plate and both front handles are partly snapped off.  Waiting for parts to come in stock.  Are they easy to change?

• 3 weeks later...

The door handle on our Fabia Mklll 1.2 tsi 110 snapped this morning.

Just read that this is a common problem. Plan to buy replacement from skoda parts direct on Monday. Are the replacements the same quality as the original? 

I plan to fit it myself, many thanks for @psul & @JGrindel for their contributions.

I have just replaced mine following instructions provided by @jgrindel.

It took me 90 min to do. It's not that hard and I'm no mechanic. 

Part cost £23.48

From Furrows Oswestry. (they wanted £68.40 to fit.)

Thank you. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yet another. Drivers interior handle on my 2016 Monte Carlo Estate came away in my hand outside the Polochar Inn on South Uist on Monday. Having to open the window and reach outside to open the door. 

Now home and trying to sort out how to replace it. 

• 3 months later...

Surprise surprise - exactly the same happened to me - driver's door handle snapped on my 2018 Fabia 3.  Sourced a replacement from Skoda parts - 6V0 837 222 A 2ZZ - £32 delivered in 3 days from Cz. There's an excellent video on You Tube - just search Skoda Fabia door panel. Took me less than an hour. 

For anybody that has had a broken inner door handle a quick question please:-

Do you have the automatic door locking system on and/or do you lock the doors from the inside when driving?

Thanks. AG Falco

56 minutes ago, Oldhamer said:

We never have doors locked whilst driving. 

And we don't have auto locking. 

But did your interior door handle break?

Thanks. AG Falco

4 hours ago, AGFalco said:

For anybody that has had a broken inner door handle a quick question please:-

Do you have the automatic door locking system on and/or do you lock the doors from the inside when driving?

Thanks. AG Falco

Inner drivers door handle snapped last week - now replaced and fixed. No don't have automatic door locking (that I know of) and don't consciously lock the doors when driving locally but do if/when in London.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi all

I drive a 2021 skoda fabia monte carlo and my door handle also snapped, but i left it for a week or so however since yesterday the window has now stopped working and making noises, can someone link where i can buy the door handle from please, really appreciate it? 

23 minutes ago, asizh5 said:

Hi all

I drive a 2021 skoda fabia monte carlo and my door handle also snapped, but i left it for a week or so however since yesterday the window has now stopped working and making noises, can someone link where i can buy the door handle from please, really appreciate it? 

Indoor Door Control Front Right Škoda 6V0837222A2ZZ (skoda-parts.com)  That should work - delivered in a few days and an hour to fit. There's an excellent vid on YouTube. Hope that helps.

• Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kez1 said:

Do you know please how that price plus conversion and P&P works out compared to getting it from a Skoda Dealership (as I've found sometimes the Dealership prices can be good or reasonable for genuine part)?

Edited by nta16
spelling

57 minutes ago, nta16 said:

Do you know please how that price plus conversion and P&P works out compared to getting it from a Skoda Dealership (as I've found sometimes the Dealership prices can be good or reasonable for genuine part)?

In Sept last year, I paid £28.65 for the door handle incl taxes and p&p from Cz Republic - arrived in 4 days as I recall. No idea how that compares with dealership - I didn't bother asking tbh!

• Thanks 1