Owners dealer experience of alloy wheel upgrade (anthracite/black)

Krooked

Love Skoda cars in general. But for the Kodiaq this really irritates.. all the press launches of car showed cars with sirius, triglav or crator alloys in anthracite or black. Yet it doesn't seem you can have them without getting you local dealer to do it as an after fit at ££££. 

I'm just about to order an Edition and thought that it would have these as standard over the same wheels on the SE-L. It doesn't appear to be the case.

Can owners that have done this, give me their experiences of this? And how much it cost them?! I am sur this has been a source of frustration for many owners since launch!! Yet Skoda UK still hasn't appeared to address it.

316oze8.jpg

skoda_kodiaq_2_0_tdi_190ps_4x4_edition_dsg_estate_9430930.jpg

You're right, but why should you have to when you pay £30k for a car that's got anthracite wheels in the brochure and it turns up with silver ones. Especially when I can't imagine it would cost skoda anywhere near £400 more for a set.

Still complaining won't get us anywhere, just have to add it to the list of considerations when buying a next car.

• Like 1

my local dealer will only add the cost for black Triglav's on top of the price agreed for the car + fitting! :(

they will kindly give me back the wheels so i can sell them on eBay to anyone that would want them! It's not the dealers fault... but the situation really really sucks. That's added £1,100 to the build cost, that i could spend on other options. 

what's even more infuriating that online the UK price per wheel for black Triglav's (£215 per wheel) is cheaper than silver (£240 per wheel)..http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/search,b.html?q=triglav

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 16.47.03.png

• 3 weeks later...

IMHO this is where Seat have the edge in terms of optional factory fit styling. The Mazda CX-5 can be personalised with a styling pack too. I think I will wait for the Sportline (whenever that is released)...