Auto Locking

Is there a setting somewhere that turns on auto locking of the car, so the car locks automatically after a period of time if it has been left unlocked accidentally or at a petrol station?

In the manual it does not appear to mention auto locking other than in the scenario where the car doors have not been opened after a period time when unlocking via the remote.

I used to have this auto locking feature on my Mondeo, this could be disabled by putting in valet mode. 

48 minutes ago, FelisBengalensis said:

My S3 auto locks after about a minute (could be less) if nothing is opened.  Never found a setting for it but it certainly relocks with the KESSY system on my 2015.

Yes, if the car is locked, and you unlock it without opening anything, it will re-lock itself. But if you simply walk away having used the car but not locked it, it won’t auto-lock - This I believe being the original question. I probably didn’t make myself clear when I said “there is no auto-locking function”. I’d call what you refer to as an auto-re-locking function!

Edited by nicknorman

I can see such auto locking with a normal keyfob/key being a problem if you left the keys in the car.

Sounds like you should have got KESSY - doesn't that auto lock when you walk away from the car with the key on you?

18 minutes ago, rtj70 said:

I can see such auto locking with a normal keyfob/key being a problem if you left the keys in the car.

Sounds like you should have got KESSY - doesn't that auto lock when you walk away from the car with the key on you?

No, mine doesn’t. I have Kessy.

It is a safety issue

It doesn't to cover the situation when you walk away from the car (e.g. going into a shop) leaving someone in it.

With deadlocks if the car locks itself no-one can open a door even from outside,  with electric windows no-one can open a window.

14 hours ago, simhub said:

Somewhere in VCDS you can set it to lock when you walk away....

or "slam" the door to lock.
i don't know if it actually works on the Superb.  Certainly does with the B8 Passat.

Edited by JR RS

On 10/23/2017 at 08:09, IJWS15 said:

It is a safety issue

It doesn't to cover the situation when you walk away from the car (e.g. going into a shop) leaving someone in it.

With deadlocks if the car locks itself no-one can open a door even from outside,  with electric windows no-one can open a window.

Should say "inside"

To deadlock the Mondeo you had to press the lock button on the key fob twice - same on a Mazda. The default on VW group cars is to deadlock. To lock a VW group car and not deadlock it you press the button twice - the second press disengages the deadlock.