Almost Pick Up Time

Hi guys I'm picking up my new SEl 220 tomorrow at 10.30am and beyond excited and relieved to get rid of my current car. This might be a daft question so apologies in advance, but during the collection period should I check anything before leaving the dealers? I hope there would be nothing wrong with the car but apart from the obvious things I'd hate to miss something out, thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry if this sounds depressing but check as much as you can.  Bodywork panel by panel for scratches and dents.  Look along the panels.  Check electrics are operating correctly and ensure you get as much information as possible about how it all works.  Check the interior for marks and scratches, especially on the high gloss finish areas.  Check alignment of doors and that they close correctly.  When driving for the first time, if you find the ride to be unexpectedly harsh take it straight back and ask the dealer to check that the travel blocks in the front springs have been removed.  Sometimes they are left in by mistake.  Other than that, enjoy the car!

• Like 2

Enjoy the car, and take all the time needed and check everything.

Take a tyre pressure gauge, check all 4 tyres are at a recommended and safe pressure, all 4.  At least matching pressures across the axles.

(Then set the TPMS if you are happy with them.)

If not tell the salesperson that you have 30 minutes and can wait for the Master Tech & Dealer Principal to do another PDI, and 

sign it off.

• Like 1

I had an Audi A4 14 plate from new and when I picked it up it was set annual service and not the variable as I had requested, when I had a reminder to get it serviced at 9000 miles I took it to the dealer and the technician just popped out to my car in the car park and re set it to variable in the menu of the infotainment system, it was very simple to do,is this not possible wth the Skoda 

No, it would need set to run another Fixed Service 9,400 miles / 372 days yet not be getting an oil and filter change.

Or get Serviced and then changed to Variable, and if the Dealership had been told 9,000 miles before to have it on Variable, ask them to pay for that Oil & Filter change and servicing. 

Only way to get them to learn to pay attention to other peoples property.

Definitely check for the suspension blocks as mentioned above.  It is something that pops up on this forum a lot and some dealers do forget about them and they can be dangerous as well as very comfortable if left in.  Check the paintwork as well.  With some many cars being shunted around and little car taken by many dealers, it is wise to spot anything before taking it out on the road.  Take it for a good drive first before you sign and accept the car, always worth checking that absolutely everything works.

I'd say no. Chances are it has the latest software build apart from maybe a few days or so from any software change, just because of timing to filter down any updates and stock holding.