Clutch/DMF

Suspect my clutch/DMF is starting to go. Symptems are:- Car in neutral ticking over no noise, start to press clutch pedal and rattling noise appears, Push pedal to the floor and rattling stops, Not getting any vibration through clutch pedal. Also struggle to engage reverse gear sometimes. 2010 1.6 tdi 5 speed 95000 miles. Has anyone had similar syptoms?

sounds like DMF, eventually it'll rattle all the time and either just stop working and you'll be stuck where ever you are worse case is damages  engine components/ gearbox etc.

Examine camshafts for wear and check that crankshaft end float or lift is not excessive and that the crankshaft damper is undamaged at which point you can probably say its DMF before removing and inspecting.

• Like 2

If the sound it makes is like pieces of metal rattling around a metal bucket, then yup, had those symptoms straight from the factory.

The noise always bugged me, but the vehicle always came back after each of its 5 services with a clean bill of health. I only got it resolved when I insisted the dealerships Škoda 'master' tech examined the vehicle as the the 3 year warranty was due to expire in a week. Within about 30 seconds he declared the DMF was shot.  Another item in a long list replaced under warranty. 

2 hours ago, chrisund123 said:

Local independent?

I'm new to Skoda ownership, but I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before the DMF goes on mine!

Not necessarily, I'm on 170k miles on original DMF and no rattles yet.