Wiring for rear dashcam in Kodiaq

Badge

Trying to fit rear dash cam to my Kodiaq, found  a spare orange and a spare yellow wire in the spare wheel well. Are these for hooking up towing gear? I am hoping that I can make them live by adding a fuse in the fusebox and that they are ignition controlled.

Assuming that I will not be able to use these

Has anyone suggestions for an ignition controlled live wire to tap into at the rear of the car?

Edited by Badge
incorrect title

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/10/2017 at 17:03, Badge said:

Trying to fit rear dash cam to my Kodiaq, found  a spare orange and a spare yellow wire in the spare wheel well. Are these for hooking up towing gear? I am hoping that I can make them live by adding a fuse in the fusebox and that they are ignition controlled.

Assuming that I will not be able to use these

Has anyone suggestions for an ignition controlled live wire to tap into at the rear of the car?

Update, best route seems to be round door seals and into boot area via spare wheel well then following boot seal to the top of the boot lid. I tried popping the B Pillar trim off and inserting in the head lining, would not recommend this as the trim is very difficult to refit (Skoda technician helped me !).

I did not need to connect the second power source for the rear camera, the single feed wire from the front camera was fine. I had to extend the single feed wire by approx 1.5 metres for this route. Maplin had a suitable 6 strand wire in stock sold by the metre.

All working well now.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, robdav said:

@Badge - i'm toying with fitting front and rear cams on my scout. out of interest where have you placed the rear cam?

I put it at the top of the window close to the washer jet corrugated hose, the metal lip that holds the boot seal was relieved to allow the wire to fit to the camera. Its a cheap £30 full HD camera from eBay, seems to work fine, and the tiny cube rear camera is inconspicuous.IMG_20180726_173620.thumb.jpg.3c8efe470a0e939606327f73ae4f0238.jpg

IMG_20180726_173551.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Can you post photo of the install and the camera view from Front and Rear from the Nextbase Duo?

I looked at one of these on the weekend in Halfords... but their fitting technician did not recommend them as the field of view for rear camera would be restricted by front seat head rests...

(Karoq not Kodiaq) 

But I would prefer this option if it works.

THANKS

• 2 years later...

Thread revival.

Trying to mount my rear camera. Anyone found a guide how to remove the tailgate window trim? It seems very rigid and Ive tried with a plastic wedge but it wont budge.

ANy help?

I want to route the wiring through the existing rubber cable loom from the body to the tailgate, but to do that need to remove the window trim.

On 07/08/2021 at 04:09, Skramit said:

Anyone found a guide how to remove the tailgate window trim? It seems very rigid and Ive tried with a plastic wedge but it wont budge.

ANy help?

See pages 107 - 110 of this workshop manual - available to download here: