Mr Muscle Turbo Clean - Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0 170 PD

Hi, I am having issues with my turbo vanes sticking and can't find anywhere a written example of how to do the Mr Muscle approach on this model (Skoda Octavia mk2 vRS 2.0 170 pd BMN). I am struggling to locate the EGR on the turbo to allow for Mr Muscle action. Can anyone advise on whether the have managed to do this and provide a quick guide?

Thanks

Edited by smaz92

Hi smaz92 you will probably struggle to find the info you need on here, i would advise going onto seat cupra.net and doing a search there is loads of info on there for the pd170 i used it loads when i had my pd170 .  

This solution was popular on the Mk 1 Octy with the 1.9 engine but having seen videos of how much soot is thrown out afterwards, I would be worried if you had a DPF.  On my Mk 1 1.9 ASV  engine I didn't use the messy Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner as I had much success with Forte turbo Cleaner.

Thanks, after much reading on here I finally found some vague guidance and managed to preform the mr muscle clean yesterday. The car has got power low down again. I may chuck a forte turbo cleaner in as well in the weeks to come to ensure a comprehensive clean! Thanks for the advice. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:39, Doofy said:

Try Archoil first, it cleared mine.

What is Archoil? it looks just like a lubricant on their website? how does this help keep the vanes on a VNT moving?

Mr muscle freeing up soot won't affect the dpf. Its designed to cope with soot. Up to 25grams in a single regen.

Archoille is an additive with cleaners and lubricant that lowers emissions.

The main part is 2-ehn which is an octane booster, this can be bought from a chemical company alot cheaper and can be used 1000:1 mix.

It does help a little,  Especially cold starts

Just a point to note. Mr muscle doesn't really help unless your turbo is VNT.

Normally dpf cars create enough heat to keep the turbo clean anyway. I would suggest if you were getting limp mode that you need to adjust driving style and/or do some longer trips at 75+ mph

Edited by Lofty79

7 hours ago, Lofty79 said:

Mr muscle freeing up soot won't affect the dpf. Its designed to cope with soot. Up to 25grams in a single regen.

When I made the comment about DPF damage in my post above, I was not just worried about soot but that burning the oven cleaner in the DPF at high temperature would risk leaving a deposit that would block the very small holes in the DPF structure. Not a risk I would take.