Octavia 1.0 TSI

It's interesting to note that in the UK the 1.0 tsi is only available up to SE spec. Just watched a video review from Germany (in English) and the 1.0 tsi in the test was similar to the SEL spec in the UK.

Seems a bit short sighted for Skoda UK not to offer this engine in higher spec, as I would have thought it could be a popular choice.

Edited by fergiet
spelling !

it's fast enough to more than keep up and if you let it rev it's not bad at all. A world away from the 80 PS in a Tipo I had in a rental the other week. 

Engine characteristics are nicer than the 2.0TDI if you ask me... lighter clutch, fewer vibrations, quieter. 200Nm and 115PS work well. Added to a realistic 50-60mpg there's an awful lot to like. 

- Bre

• Like 2

Almost 8,000 miles and 8 months in on a 1.0 SE estate/Combi.

Family of four with a roof box and cycle carrier.

Separate trips to Peak district, Belgium, France, Germany and Ireland completed from West Norfolk.

Used as a local family taxi four days a week

Not found wanting in the power department yet and averaging 51mpg since I first picked it up.

Happy with that...

• Like 2

If anyone else has a 1.0tsi Octavia could you post your opinions on the car.

Does the 1.0 engine provide enough power for daily use on A roads and motorways?

I

12 hours ago, fergiet said:

If anyone else has a 1.0tsi Octavia could you post your opinions on the car.

Does the 1.0 engine provide enough power for daily use on A roads and motorways?

I

There are only a few 1.0tsi Octavia users who post on this forum who have posted above and they are all pretty happy with performance and especially economy .

I'm not sure what power versions are sold in the UK but going by figures for those fitted in the Audi A1 sold in Australia we are talking about 85kw/200Nm output.

200Nm corresponds to the output for a good 2 litre naturally aspirated (NA) engine, although the max 85kw output is closer to a 1.5 Litre engine, pretty damned good overall.

All indications are that the 1.0tsi offers better performance and economy than the 1.2tsi which in turn offered slightly better performance, but worse economy (but not much worse), than the 1.6D.

Overall I'd say it would be near useless for a race-track but very well suited to prevailing British road conditions and road laws.

I'm really happy with my 3 yo 1.4tsi but if I were in the market for a replacement Octavia and the 1.0tsi Octavia was available here (it is not) then I'd probably be arranging a thorough test drive of a manual version to confirm what I think is a relatively simple but remarkably efficient engine.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hi all I have a 1.0 tsi Octavia, then engine has sone torque and you can get going easily. Ideal engine for short journeys as it dont take long to warm up. My complaint with it and it's going to dealers next week for it is when driving along and accelerating there is resonating vibration through steering wheel and pedals, also when changing gear there is a chattering vibration coming through pedal when lifting clutch back up, il report back on what it is though

• Like 1

I traded in my Fabia 1.2TSI SE L in August for a 1.0 litre Octavia TSI SE.  My son has the S spec Octavia with the 1.0 litre engine also.  We are both very impressed with our cars.  More than fast enough for us, quiet, smooth to drive and refined.  No complaints at all.

Another 1.0TSI owner here. My two previous cars have had different iterations of the 1.2TSI and I haven't been disappointed with the performance of the 1.0 at all. Having read about the troubles with the 1.5, I'm happy with my choice. The fuel economy is staggering for a 115PS engine too, especially on longer runs. It does warm up quickly too.

• Like 1

I find the economy on the 1.0 tsi brilliant too, I got 60.2 mpg on a 114 mile motorway drive. Mine is in on tuesday for a slight chattering vibration through the clutch pedal which dealer thinks its abnormal but they not sure so going to compare to a similar engine and see if it's a characteristic but they make you laugh they dont know these engines inside out