best years 1.9tdi

Looking to update my 2005 1.9 Tdi estate  and i have found many at good prices and a mechanic said what about the DPF ,I was of the mind that all 1.9s didnt have such hindrance . What is latest year i can go to get model without DPF and are there any other downsides to certain years  or indeed a particular year that may be better than others.

I am delighted with my Octavia estate hence i want to go for another same although slightly newer.Have always been a skoda fan Had a 1.3 GL nearly 30yrs ago that i did galactic miles in with almost no problems .Trying to get one with around a 100k miles that has a full service history and with a bit of luck has had clutch and flywheel replaced as well as timing belt and waterpump , May even go for leather  i have a couple of examples in mind ,i thought leather would only be found in L K examples that had DSG gearbox that i will avoid with a passion.

Mine's an L&K, lovely spec. After driving a manual all my life I swore I'd never have an auto box, but I've been converted to the DSG - I think it's great.

I console myself by telling myself it isn't an auto, it's a computer controlled manual :D

being a taxi driver i am unsure as to wether dsg would cope ,it would be nice to have auto but MPG tends to suffer and repairs when needed are astronomical . I am looking at several cars at moment - i have found MOT tester history on gov site to be a useful tool in getting a picture of cars history and usage . One in particular looks fantastic untill you see same FNS suspension problem mentioned in advisories on consecutive mot.s  Well maintained ?

• Like 1

Manual is probabily the safest bet as a cab , as well as mpg. Advisories are just that, some garages are OTT or perhaps genuine issues. I do like MOT history site myself too. Paints a good picture 

Re advisories on mots my land cruiser has had one for a worn suspension bush for 3 years I asked about getting it changed the 1st year my mot guy said its fine don't worry about it he just had to put it down because it is slightly worn but not worth replacing.