Octavia New 1.5 tsi ordered club

It's not all about the Octavia Vrs (nice though they are), so I thought a topic just for the new 1.5 tsi was needed.  If you have ordered one let us know the spec and details here.

Ordered mine yesterday.

1.5 tsi SEL DSG in Quartz Grey.

ACC

Spare Wheel

Hope to get it January 2018.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fergiet said:

It's not all about the Octavia Vrs (nice though they are), so I thought a topic just for the new 1.5 tsi was needed.  If you have ordered one let us know the spec and details here.

Ordered mine yesterday.

1.5 tsi SEL DSG in Quartz Grey.

ACC

Spare Wheel

Hope to get it January 2018.

I had a 1.4 TSI Elegance for 3-1/2 years, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it just, gotta learn to put up with the rear torture suspension!!!

Got mine today 1.5TSi DSG SE L Race Blue Hatch. Very impressed with performance and whole car seems but more responsive and eager to go even in ECO mode.. This is comparing to a 16 plate 2.0 TDi DSG SE L Estate.

Drove tonight in the dark and what an improvement in the lighting. A nice crisp white light from the LED's and I love the fancy eye lashes with the dip beam and bright DRL's.

Strange thing about the ACT; all my driving today was in ECO mode and yet the ""cylinder message" popped up once on the maxidot and then only for a second or two. I think driving in ECO around town with a few country lanes keeps the revs low so the ACT doesn't kick in. haven't seen 7th gear yet either.

Some pix of the lady. Don't you just love those "eyelash" thingys when the dips are  on. I don't think they are separate LED's but they are quite bright, much brighter than the picture implies.

Same with the LED rears. The photograph is poor. The "C" is a very rich, crisp,  solid red unlike the LED rears on my 2016 model.

The DRL's alone light up my driveway enough to read a book by.

I'm one very happy bunny.

20171107_202216.jpg

20171107_202255.jpg

20171107_202350.jpg

20171107_202404.jpg

• Like 1

I ordered a 1.5 TSI SEL Hatch in Quartz Grey on 7th September.  Extras: interior light pack, sunroof, space saver spare wheel.  Should take delivery in December.  I'm holding off until the end of November before contacting the supplying dealer (Bristos in Ipswich).

Starting to get excited.....

• Like 1

I can't understand why there's a 1.4 & a 1.5. Ive looked at the stats and they appear to be about the same, except the 1.5 is 2 grand dearer. Can someone enlighten me, please. Im currently considering a 1.4 auto.

23 minutes ago, NFmiller said:

I can't understand why there's a 1.4 & a 1.5. Ive looked at the stats and they appear to be about the same, except the 1.5 is 2 grand dearer. Can someone enlighten me, please. Im currently considering a 1.4 auto.

The 1.4tsi is the "older" engine and will be phased out soon, the 1.5 tsi is the newer engine. According to the price list on SE spec it's £300 more not £2000.

My mistake, was comparing manual v auto. I test drove a 1.4 DSG yesterday and the salesman def said it has ACT. I guess he was either telling porkies or he didn't have a clue.

Thanks for the replies.

In about 30 miles of driving around town I had the MaxiDot tell me once that I was in two cylinder mode - if it hadn't told me I wouldn't have known.

What a pity Skoda couldn't stretch to LED bulbs in the fogs as the yellowy glow spoils the overall crisp bright LED look.

They couldn't quite manage the reversing lights or indicators either. Unnecessary penny pinching as I would have paid the extra to have these.

Mind you they hide the rear filament bulbs behind a nice shiny silver piece now. Still filament bulbs in internals glove box boot and door cards I see.

Did get a brolly though. :biggrin: The Ambient lighting is fun - do I need it?  - No! - but I love it! :dance:

• Like 1

For information:

The 1.5tsi act engine is supposed to replace the 1.4tsi act engine in all vag models eventually. They initially have almost identical power/torque characteristics. The major claim is reduced fuel consumption and emissions in REAL world tests (soon to be introduced in the EU/UK)

Major differences with the 1.5 tsi

Uses a Miller combustion cycle instead of Otto. This is down to different valve timing and overlap. From photos I suspect it also has variable timing on both inlet and exhaust valve cams.

Uses a variable geometry turbo opposed to a fixed wastegate type both electrically operated.

Higher compression ratio

Has Plasma coated cylinder walls allowing use of 0w20 oil and a new oil spec vw508/509...:blink:

Revised thermal management, this area has always had me a bit wary with act technology...

And more.....

See here

https://paultan.org/2016/04/29/volkswagen-debuts-new-1-5-litre-tsi-ea211-evo-with-vtg-turbo-miller-cycle-higher-12-51-ratio-0w20-oil

Always questionable whether VW have done a thorough job re reliability, its a leap of faith when buying their new designs in early days of production.

Thanks for the info. The 1.5 has been used for a while in the VWs hasnt it? They must have some experience of reliability - he says, looking for assurance before placing the order.

From my vast experience of 3 days ownership and nearly 50 miles of urban/rural motoring it's wonderful (mind you I bought the 5 year warranty as well.

Edited by YMe
My grammar is crap.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NFmiller said:

Thanks for the info. The 1.5 has been used for a while in the VWs hasnt it? They must have some experience of reliability - he says, looking for assurance before placing the order.

Its very new. First deliveries in Golfs were around June this year I think. The 1st Octavia ones started to arrive this month.

My 1.5 DSG ,SEL  RACE BLUE of course ,  with ADC, Heated front seats & Heated Windscreen , ordered 25 september , latest update built and at port 6 November , hoping its here by the end of November .

On 07/11/2017 at 20:45, YMe said:

Some pix of the lady. Don't you just love those "eyelash" thingys when the dips are  on. I don't think they are separate LED's but they are quite bright, much brighter than the picture implies.

Same with the LED rears. The photograph is poor. The "C" is a very rich, crisp,  solid red unlike the LED rears on my 2016 model.

The DRL's alone light up my driveway enough to read a book by.

I'm one very happy bunny.

20171107_202216.jpg

20171107_202255.jpg

20171107_202350.jpg

20171107_202404.jpg

YMe , ANY STANDARD DAYLIGHT PICTURES YET , 

i'll post some tomorrow - today I have been too busy ripping the car to pieces to fit a dash-cam. The passenger side A-pillar trim comes off with a fight; it seems to spring loose  at just about the time you would expect it to break - heart in mouth moment. Makes replacing the glove-box lid childs' play by comparison. More fun tomorrow when I look at removing the rear hatch trim for the rear view camera any suggestion about how to get the trim off.

Now have needle sweep activated, fan blower speed in auto displayed, AM radio disabled, both rear fogs activated and rear DRL's.

Further to the eyelash thingys - with DRL's off and just sidelight turned on these eyelashes do light up on their own - I love them.

If you've not yet ordered your 1.5 go for the heated steering wheel I used it today after walking the dog and it is wonderful.

Funny thing is I wasn't going to get it but wanted the ACC with the speed limiter which is unavailable unless the heated front seats and heated steering wheel are also opted for. I tweaked the order when SWMBO wasn't looking and spent a few hundred on these to get the limiter. I suppose VW do this sort of thing to snare people like me.

It's ordered!

1.5 TSI DSG Hatch in Denim Blue. Spare wheel, electric seats, wireless charging, rear camera, keyless entry, sports wheel.

i went for the 5-year warranty and was also persuaded to buy the Smart Protect and the Life Shine. Are these a good thing to have or a waste of money?

My personal opinion - for what it's worth - dump the Smart Protect and the Life Shine  - get the heated steering wheel and seats - with or without the speed limiter.

Edited by YMe