Karoq 1.5 DSG SE Technology Spec

Shakey60

It's come to that time again, after running my Yeti 1.4 manual L&K for 18 months on PCH finance deal, yesterday I had a nice letter from the Leasing Company informing me that it's time to choose another vehicle.

Naturally, the Karoq is my model of choice, but I'm confused, just where do I find the spec and details of the SE Technology version, it lists it in the configurator, but for the life of me I cant find out whether it has paddle shift or not.

Any advice would be gratefully received ... 

42 minutes ago, Shakey60 said:

It's come to that time again, after running my Yeti 1.4 manual L&K for 18 months on PCH finance deal, yesterday I had a nice letter from the Leasing Company informing me that it's time to choose another vehicle.

Naturally, the Karoq is my model of choice, but I'm confused, just where do I find the spec and details of the SE Technology version, it lists it in the configurator, but for the life of me I cant find out whether it has paddle shift or not.

Any advice would be gratefully received ... 

Hmm.... at the very end of the configurator under "configuration summary" it states: Leather-wrapped multifunction sports steering wheel w/ tiptronic. suggesting it does have paddles (1.5 TSi DSG engine)

Further more on the spec sheet it says: Three spoke leather multi-function steering wheel (with paddles on DSG models) for the SE.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/downloads/brochures/karoq_pricing_specs.pdf

Edited by philipashby

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat.  Can't find any information on Kodiak or Karoq technology spec.  There is a bit of info on the Skoda site under 'fleet' which mentions front and rear parking sensors for the Karoq tech  but no actual spec list.  When you are in the fleet site then go to model range it just sends you to the bog standard page which does not have technology editions.  Very annoying.  Come on Skoda - pull your finger out!! 

I'm sure I've read somewhere that the SE Tech models come with paddles. 

I believe it also has front parking sensors as well as rear, as mentioned. Also, adaptive cruise control, Amundsen Sat-Nav with Wi-Fi and wireless phone charging.

The spec is available under "configuration summary" if you run the configurator, as philipashby says.

The summary confirms paddle shifts for DSG vehicles, plus F & R parking sensors and Adaptive cruise control (with "follow-to-stop") and speed limiter, but couldn't see anything about Wi-Fi nor wireless phone charging, but it did confirm Amandsen sat nav.

If any features are vital to your purchase I'd suggest you get confirmation in writing from the dealer at the time of ordering and make them a specific term of your contract.  If anything is missing when the vehicle turns up you'd then be in a better position to be able to cancel your order.

Thanks very much everybody.  Dealers have got a full spec list for the SE Tech but you will have to ask for it.  On the paddles question...  Go to page 18 of the publicly available Karoq brochure (effective Oct 2017) under SE model INTERIOR 'Three spoke leather multi  function steering wheel (with paddles on DSG)'.  As the SE Tech is a step up from the SE I assume that it has all the same basic kit on it. Looking here at the printed off spec list it does mention, in fact, 'leather wrapped multi-function sports steering wheel w/tiptronic' so I would say YES you do get paddles.

Hope this helps.

On another matter....how long to you have to be on this site before you stop being referred to as a 'Newbie'???

15 minutes ago, Swivel said:

On another matter....how long to you have to be on this site before you stop being referred to as a 'Newbie'???

I think the system changes that after you have made 30 posts (some number like that anyway).

Its a bit misleading, because a weird person could post "Ying Tang Ying Tang Ying Tang - Whoopee!" thirty times and then no longer be a newbie. 

One of your 10 posts could be the solution to peace, life, love, the world and everything that ever went wonky on a Skoda and you'll still be newbie.

When it changes, I think it calls you a "member"...

2 hours ago, Swivel said:

If you display your profile using the link at the top right of the home page, then "edit profile" you should see a field called "Member Title". You should be able to edit this and your new title should appear where "Newbie" used to.

Neil.

All Karoq DSG-equipped models get flappy paddles. Technology pack adds 8" Amundsen with SatNav, Adaptive Cruise Control, Bluetooth with WLAN and front parking sensors. It's pointless Skoda offering SE and SE Tech versions when they are priced identically but SE Tech gets ~£1200 of extras for free.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone seen the SE /SE Tech interior? I've seen the SE L interior but not the SE. Im torn between the SE tech and SE L but are reluctant to order the SE tech without seeing the seats. I can live without the equipment it loses to the SE L given its leasing costs are £50 a month less for a 1.5tsi DSG .

2 minutes ago, stokey said:

Has anyone seen the SE /SE Tech interior? I've seen the SE L interior but not the SE. Im torn between the SE tech and SE L but are reluctant to order the SE tech without seeing the seats. I can live without the equipment it loses to the SE L given its leasing costs are £50 a month less for a 1.5tsi DSG .

it's on the UK website you can pan around in 360