Is this the real engine sound?

Can anyone here confirm whether or not the engine sound I here inside the car is the real sound of the engine?

Many manufacturers seem to have added systems which play fake enhanced engine noise/sound over the internal speakers.

Some can even choose whether they want to here the sound of a massive V12 in the 13TSi etc.

So does the Superb suffer from the same trickery?

6 hours ago, roo said:

The superb does not have any of the fake engine sound things. However the 2.0l 280 bhp has butterfly valves in the exhaust.

It does have habitacle sound induction. There's a sound pipe connecting the exhaust to some place in the dashboard so you can hear the engine better. Otherwise you'd only hear the turbo-muffled exhausts. It's not software-produced but I still think it's fake.

My Superb 280 is very quiet inside. It’s the first car that I really have no idea what the engine rpm is unless I look at the tacho. Well, up to about 4000rpm anyway. Above that you can hear it but it’s still pretty quiet.

I only have a 150 diesel and it has had a nice (petrol like) exhaust rasp from new… inside the cabin. I actually though it was a blow or dodgy back box, but it’s inaudible while up on a ramp or outside the cabin.

Edited by Alan_P

I am pleasently surprised with sound of my 190,it has quite nice sound for a diesel,no trademark tracktor-like noise. Its sharp and dsg makes it is very fast revving for a diesel(in neutral i think it gets revs up faster than my old 2.0 fsi). I am satisfied.

The diesel does not sound like a V6. I have driven it and its quite refined. The last V6s and flat 6s i owned and drove were noisier. The engines were part of the audible driving experience. 

I find that the smaller skoda diesels drone where the large diesels are generally refined unless pushed hard.

IMO.

My superb 220 drones a bit but thats the consequence of the turbo engine.