Citigo PID unit

BertBlue

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought a PID unit off e-Bay, it works fine.

I made sure it was a Skoda Citigo one and not a Seat or VW unit.

I installed the bracket and unit and powered up the car, the PID switched it's self on with the Skoda Home Screen and then started to load data from my car (series of little dots along the rhs side of screen).

After about a minute or so the skoda home page disappeared and switched to the 4 function buttons. 

It was then just a matter of setting it up to my liking - I did this sitting on the sofa with my phone, kindle (downloaded the manual) and the PID unit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/11/2017 at 16:04, jerrybean said:

I've just bought a PID unit off e-Bay, it works fine.

I made sure it was a Skoda Citigo one and not a Seat or VW unit.

Makes no difference as long as you perform a factory reset with the Garmin Fresh app. I bought mine from a SEAT Ibiza owner. ;)

Our's has only had one issue where it would only play music from the memory card out of the left hand side speakers of the car. A factory reset of the PID cured it. It even reads out text messages i receive on my iPhone!!!! (Which the factory fit BT & Columbus in my Superb Elegance doesn't as the iPhone doesn't use rSAP).

Mine is OK but the phone function simply doesn’t work at all anymore. It was patchy on BT music when I got it with my iPhone 6 but it just doesn’t work with my iPhone 7 Plus at all and now calls don’t work either. Otherwise, the one time I’ve used the sat nav it was ok, but I understand the limitations of the device. I have mine set to give me readings that the instrument display doesn’t, like the temperature gauge. It is worth it for that alone IMO.

Edited by SashaGrace