Lowering a Fabia monte

C13URD

Ok guys had a Mick 1 vrs which was on kw v1 coilovers lovely stance & ride but can't quite stretch to that this time want to lower the mk2 Fabia Monte Carlo , looking for guidance i.e. Eibach 30mm or H&R 40 mm , any advice greatly appreciated & any pics would be very helpful 

4 hours ago, C13URD said:

Ok guys had a Mick 1 vrs which was on kw v1 coilovers lovely stance & ride but can't quite stretch to that this time want to lower the mk2 Fabia Monte Carlo , looking for guidance i.e. Eibach 30mm or H&R 40 mm , any advice greatly appreciated & any pics would be very helpful 

I'm running the H&R 40mm and can't fault them car looks slammed and they are a little bit stiffer than OEM also

I got a great deal on the eibachs last week as they had a 30% off sale.  I am Fitting them next week along with a rear anti roll bar, although the primary part I am fitting is a superpro caster correcting bushing kit to stop the slight drift to the left that it seems to suffer from (despite 4 alignments, a new set of tyres and numerous other parts replace by skoda).

I will be fitting a set of ST springs next week. Got them from DPM. These lower 30mm. I will post a pic once fitted. Majority of people are running eibach or handr but I didn't want 40mm drop. And eibach only drop about 20mm which is why I opted for the ST. These were about 130 odd quid from DPM. Go check em out 

13 minutes ago, Nandovee said:

I will be fitting a set of ST springs next week. Got them from DPM. These lower 30mm. I will post a pic once fitted. Majority of people are running eibach or handr but I didn't want 40mm drop. And eibach only drop about 20mm which is why I opted for the ST. These were about 130 odd quid from DPM. Go check em out 

On the combi the eibach ones are 30mm front and 20mm rear.  Look forward to seeing your before and after photos!

Tell it its an ugly pug of a car... That will make it low!:D

Jokes aside, go the whole 40. The extra ten mm will be nice but if you go 30, you will always be saying "If I only went with the H&R jobbies"!

I thought about it, but, as it's under extended warranty I thought getting the eibachs would be best, skoda customers service is bad enough without them looking for an excuse...  "your engine management light is on? That will be your dpf, we noticed that your springs are different by the way so that has some completely unconnected influence as far as warranty is concerned"

Not the case though and it is not like plenty here have not had lowering springs on vRS that had new engines or gearboxes.

Ones that had Dealer Option Springs on or ones they fitted.

The Approved lowering springs have a 2 year parts warranty, and as it is 'misting dampers' get knocked back anyway.

If you have bought an Extended Warranty then there are T&C's on modifying but Factory / Manufacturer approved parts are not normally an issue.

Going very low might be.

That does not Invalidate an Engine / Gearbox warranty and you have no DPF warranty really.

• Like 1

Do the eibach springs lower the monty 30mm as Im led to believe they were lower than stadard cars. IE: eibach springs lower the monty 15mm instead of 30mm. Happened to me on an Astra SRi lol cheers

40 minutes ago, Monte_Owner said:

Yeah looking at those pics I reckon mine maybe getting lowered. @JGrindel how is the ride quality compared to factory spec?

Its still good imho. It corners better and there is less roll than factory although speed bumps are now my enemy and I try to avoid them at best as it doesn't sound great hitting the stock shocks bump stops every time... I need new lower wishbone bushings though which probably could be causing the creaking noise! Thats a job for the new year. But overall I am very happy with them and it transforms the car which is nice, both looks and driving. 

3 minutes ago, Monte_Owner said:

Forgot about speed bumps, I'll measure it and then deduct the 40mm and see where it sits. 

Cheers

You don't scrap or bottom out but the initial shock of the bump is what makes the noise as the shocks are depressed more than standard when normal driving. You want lows accept the low life. ;) 

1 minute ago, JGrindel said:

You don't scrap or bottom out but the initial shock of the bump is what makes the noise as the shocks are depressed more than standard when normal driving. You want lows accept the low life. ;) 

Ah ok, so bottom of car, bumper splitter and all that jazz is safe?