Scout headlamps

Can anyone advise whether the standard Scout halogen headlamps are good and effective driving down lanes at night and at night in the rain? Are they clear and give good distance or are they yellow with poorer vision.

Do I need Xenons, I ask as I am still looking for 'my perfect' Scout and there are very few around with Xenons.

Thanks

20 minutes ago, R1100 said:

Can anyone advise whether the standard Scout halogen headlamps are good and effective driving down lanes at night and at night in the rain? Are they clear and give good distance or are they yellow with poorer vision.

Do I need Xenons, I ask as I am still looking for 'my perfect' Scout and there are very few around with Xenons.

Thanks

The halogen reflectors are not a patch on Bi-xenon in projectors. Definitely worth holding out for one that has it if you can.

On 22/11/2017 at 18:58, jmc99cars said:

My Scout 184 DGS has the standard halogen headlights , they are rubbish!

1 hour ago, Dinesy said:

My 65 plate Scout has Standard Halogen headlamps and they are  complete pish. 

If I could I’d upgrade I would.

My 66 plate 184 DSG Scout has standard Halogen lights, they work well for me, but then, I've never had anything better than halogen, and for many years I only had one halogen headlight to light up the country roads in Derbyshire.

12 hours ago, Miz said:

My 66 plate 184 DSG Scout has standard Halogen lights, they work well for me, but then, I've never had anything better than halogen, and for many years I only had one halogen headlight to light up the country roads in Derbyshire.

100% improvement then!!

In comparison a Fiat 500 I drove had lights far superior to my Octavian.... on a super mini city car! 

• 2 weeks later...

The Halogens on my 16MY Scout ar okay; not the worst but certainly not a patch on my old Laguna with it's bi-xenons. So looking forward to getting my 18MY Scout in March with the new LED headlamps- I just hope they live up to my expectations.B)