Cabin fan works but often no air comes our

Right I think I've worked it out. Car was running just on idle for maybe 10 minutes.

9.0 Evap temp was 07.0

10.0 evap temp was 30.0

10.1 liquid refrigerant pressure was 08.0. No idea if that's low or ok!!

Have just taken my climate panel off and measured the 5 temperature sensors. Car has been sat all week so all 5 sensors should read roughly the same. 4 sensors were 23k +-0.5, one sensor was at 1.6k. No guesses which one. Obviously there a chance that Skoda chose to use a different type of thermistor for this, but I'm betting not.

New G263 sensor ordered and on the way.

I've just gone into the hidden menu again. Car sat all night. But I'll be honest I don't understand it.

9.0 = 00.0 Evap temp

10.0 = 33.6 Evap temp

10.1 = 03.2 refrigerant pressure

What do I check on the menu to tell if my G263 sensor is at fault?

Yeah the Sub menus you advised to check are vent and footwell sensors. As they are all reading roughly the same temp the 33.6 Evap temp does look out of place. So was the G263 sensor the one I mentioned behind the driver's side panel in the centre console?

I haven't gone looking for it yet. But it is tucked up well out of sight apparently. You might be thinking of the drivers footwell sensor maybe?

A job for tomorrow to track this errant sensor down.

The one pictured in the Haynes manual is fairly high up almost behind the climatronic panel. It's a grey sensor and according to them that's the G263 Evap temperature sensor. If you confirm if I'm right I'll order one. Thanks for your help btw we maybe close to a fix here!!

I'm not sure where it is to be honest. Some info say's it's high up and almost unreachable, some say it's low down. I don't know whether it changed position on the FL. There also may be an upgraded part that has a longer reach and is more reliable. I'll update this tomorrow when I find it! 

The sensor I'm looking at in the manual is called a evaporator vent sensor. No mention of a G263 sensor. That maybe vag code. So not sure if this is the offending article. In the picture you can see the plastic piece to rest your left foot. This sensor is to the left of that. The manual also covers years 04 to 2012 no mention of f/l being in a different place.

Found the sensor, and it is easy to get to. At low level, behind one panel, to the left of drivers feet.

I've put the Bolero back in the car as a temporary, but that's not helped because the diagnostic data sets are numbered 11 to 35. I've not seen any online resource to explain those numbers.

I can't find any reference to my codes. 16-4 @ 34 degrees was a point of interest, it briefly seemed to respond to manipulation of the evap sensor but then wouldn't play ball. Bolero is removed and everything put back together. AC recharge tomorrow, so I'll take it for a run in the eve and test it. G63 will be replaced midweek.

Centre console side removed and like I suspected the G263 sensor is right there. Twist and removed from housing. A lot easier than removing the dashboard!! Anyway, not quite sure what this means but I went into the climatronic menu with the sensor unplugged and the Evap temp reading went from 33.6 in to 42.4 unplugged. 

Unfortunately not. The only thing I can do tomorrow is go back into the hidden climatronic menu and note what menu 10.0 is reading with the new sensor installed.

Is there some reason you can't access your climatronic Menu?

Edited by meaty101

I’m following this post with interest. Last week travelling down the M1 to London cabin temp dropped and no matter what speed the fan was at there was practically no airflow. Read a post about resetting the flaps and that worked but only for about 5 minutes. Outside temp was between 5 & 7 degrees. Not a pleasant trip. Mine’s an 05 fl 1.9tdi elegance. Not sure if I will be able to see any codes, I have the mp3 & 6 CD player. Following this thread with baited breath! Ps how much is a new sensor?

First thing to do if the vent dies when travelling is to switch the AC off. This should allow the evap to thaw out and at least give you heated air. The G263 sensor is only approx £25 and when my new one arrives I'll be able to post a simple test routine for it.