In your opinion what are the best looking registration plates

i have pressed metal on my type 2 and beetle and both dont fare well with stone chips. the acrylic plates dont seem to take the same damage. I have to repaint the pressed metal at least once a year to keep them pristine.

Edited by JohnnyType2

My old plates had a legal "3D" font, border & GB Euro flag but I think my new completely standard plates actually look better, just cleaner & less cluttered.

RSP_3061.jpg

RSP_2387.jpg

32 minutes ago, Jonny5ive said:

Mine was a 30th birthday present from Mrs Jonny5ive :thumbup:

My birthday card read U R30 BGT 

Mine was something similar.  I had toyed with the idea of getting it for my 30th, in November, but ended up the wife took me away instead.

So I ordered it as soon as we got back and told the wife to give it to me for Christmas.

Her name is Rebekah, so I've told her that's what the R is for, but really it's just the letter that I thought looked best with the 30.

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:32, ahenners said:

Anything with standard font, spacing, sizing. Postcode + BS AU markings complete the look. Fully legal and doesn't make you stand out for the wrong reasons ;)

Mines bad enough as a private plate ......although it has the correct numbers/letters in the correct places for a new plate...just the number letters combination make it look like a dealer show plate as it describes the car...also the plate is 7yrs older than the car...

On 20/11/2017 at 20:56, Octy0GG said:

My favourite is absolutely straight and central - not nearly as common as it should be.

:D

I get *twitchy* if I see an un-straight or non-central number plate.  Beyond me that someone can fit and think "that will do".  When I fitted my plates I measured it and used a mini spirit level.

And don't even get me started on the new Discovery .......

On 31/03/2018 at 06:56, ScoutCJB said:

:D

I get *twitchy* if I see an un-straight or non-central number plate.  Beyond me that someone can fit and think "that will do".  When I fitted my plates I measured it and used a mini spirit level.

And don't even get me started on the new Discovery .......

image_196397d3-76b2-4e79-a693-984f77a8cd5720180401_234042.thumb.jpg.c5540d14d8b595f56193329862c069f4.jpg

Sorted :biggrin: