Rear Wiper not working

Diagnostics code reader device can pick up a non working rear wiper?

It was working fine since I own the car few years ago, now it just suddenly stopped working dead, no noises at all?

Rear washer still works, I can hear noises for that.  

My old 1.9 estate rear wiper refused to work on occasions but if you pushed the arm to rotate the motor it would usually carry on working for a few days,

If you need to replace it the part number is on a label stuck on the motor,  you need to remove the tail gate trim to get at it, 

• 6 years later...
On 21/11/2017 at 16:29, Gissin said:

scan it, see what codes it throws up.

do you get any noise? could be the motor - could be the stalk, could be a break in the wiring somewhere

My rear window wiper is inoperative too, and no codes on VCDS.  I read here that it's likely a case of dry solder (non leaded solder) joints on the PCB controller powering the motor, which is an easy fix.  If anyone cares, Ill update you all and see if that's the case for mine too as that is much cheaper than a new motor.

• 1 month later...

Ok so I pulled it apart, no PCB anywhere.  Turned out to be rusted parts seized.  Cleaned them up, lubricated and now its working fine.  No need for parts.  Simple job.  Remove wiper, 10 mm nut, remove trim (clips and 1 Philips head screw for handle, remove 3 x 14 mm nuts, wiring connector and fluid hose.  Pump is free, then remove torx screws to remove plastic cover, clean and reassemble. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Okedokey