VRS Rear Anti Roll Bar

Hello,

Bought an Octavia VRS estate a couple of months ago.

Read online that the best bang for your buck modification is a rear anti roll bar.  Can't find any recent posts on this, so anyone know of anywhere I could currently get a kit and any kits you'r specifically recommend?

Also, is It worth doing the front and rear, or just the rear?

And presumably it's really easy to fit... Just a couple of 10 year old rusted to f*** bolts to undo.

Cheers

May well of been or is if all the other suspension if fresh, if yours is running original springs, dampers, drop links, top mounts I think there are a few things I'd be doing before rear ARB. My 2011 Estate, even when I bought it at 5 years 33k miles, felt a bit soft and uncontrolled at times.  You are going to be expecting miracles from a rear ARB to transform 10 yo suspension componentary.

Ok, so mine's a 57 plate and has done 95k miles.

It feels pretty planted, but I've not much experience with different cars.  Last car was a Passat estate which was like a boat around corners, so this feels far superior.

What would you recommend replacing and how do I know if it needs doing?

Edited by MichaelMLFC92

If yours feels very planted at 10 years and 95k miles,  then maybe it has already had a refresh already?. First things to look at are normally Springs and Dampers, the other bits and pieces are usually required as a part of that anyway.

On 29/11/2017 at 20:18, FatblokeVRS said:

I put on a H&R -50mm Cup Kit and a Whiteline RARB.

Made a massive difference.

Im thinking of going this route too.  Did you fit at same time or separately, and if the latter which made most difference.  Still a comfy ride? 

Mines a 12 plate fl VRS with 54k so original suspension still has some life in it.  I'd be interested to have an idea of budget to work to for both at a decent Indy, and/or recommendations from anyone for somewhere in the midlands to get it done.

On 03/12/2017 at 21:13, Lozb said:

Im thinking of going this route too.  Did you fit at same time or separately, and if the latter which made most difference.  Still a comfy ride? 

Mines a 12 plate fl VRS with 54k so original suspension still has some life in it.  I'd be interested to have an idea of budget to work to for both at a decent Indy, and/or recommendations from anyone for somewhere in the midlands to get it done.

Both at the same time. ARB is set on medium setting. Ride is absolutely fine. It does take a while to reach full drop (approx -35mm). Initially it was about 20mm. Been very happy with it. Been on for a few years without issue.