Rapid smartlink support.

leinad_nabla

Hi,

The Stock HeadUnit on the Skoda Rapid Style Plus AT LE works perfectly fine as described. But, this HU supports only Mirrorlink. Apparently, Mirrorlink is supported only on select devices and my device is not compatible. Also, Mirrorlink has only a couple apps that can be used. I frequently use google maps for navigation and currently I am using my mobile to serve the purpose. 

I'd like to use that 6.5" touchscreen to navigate. Skoda has put that display to shame by chopping off the Android Auto/Car Play feature.

Now, the good news is that the new Skoda Rapid comes equipped with SmartLink which enables Android Auto/Car Play. Now I would like to know if Smartlink is hardware dependent or can I update the existing HU's software to support Smartlink. Any leads on that?

I have attached the device information if that helps.

Thanks,

IMG_1857.JPG

Yes, i fully agree with you "mirrorlink" is useless connectivity software chose by skoda.

I took my car two months before but this was loaded with mirrorlink , sales guys not informed about this availability of Smartlink  ( not sure if is done purposefully ).

I hope  link Smartlink software can be upgraded with current infotainment system. 

let us wait for an update from Skoda.

35 minutes ago, balaji1967 said:

Yes, i fully agree with you "mirrorlink" is useless connectivity software chose by skoda.

I took my car two months before but this was loaded with mirrorlink , sales guys not informed about this availability of Smartlink  ( not sure if is done purposefully ).

I hope  link Smartlink software can be upgraded with current infotainment system. 

let us wait for an update from Skoda.

Let's hope for the best because the hardware version matters here. If the new version comes with a new hardware then I guess we are not lucky enough.

• 3 years later...