Touchscreen not working in cold

Anyone else experiencing this? Very annoying. It takes about 20 minutes with the heating on before I can plug in any addresses into the satnav, or change the station on the radio. 

The car went in for a service, and I guessed what they'd say, so I showed the guy who picked it up, and he witnessed it not responding at all, and yet, when they called to report the findings of their inspection they still went with the classic,  "we can't replicate the fault".

Skoda will do nothing until you video the screen frozen with you trying to swipe it or change stations. We have just had the Wifes Fabia MKIII  radio screen replaced for exactly the same thing ( Under Warranty ) My Ex Octavia MKIII Tdi Vrs did the same but there was a software update which cured the problem. Supposedly.

Dont let them fob you off  " IT'S A KNOWN PROBLEM "   

The radio screen on the MKIII Fabia is only as thick as a mobile phone, the actuall unit is located in the glove box. Behind the screen is a large hole where the unit should be fitted and is used to fit an aftermarket unit, my local dealer thinks that the large hole is making the back of the screen cold due to the opening.  The back of the screen is covered by a metal plate and there' s a possibility of the back of the screen between the metal plate and the glass is getting damp causing it to be non responsive. Once warmed up the screen works as the cold and damp air dissaperers.

Does all that make sense ?

Hope that helps, a bit

AG

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

Mine had the same issue - none responsive and lived its own life (picked up phantom touches).  It was fixed with a software update at the dealership. They told me that they turned the sensitivity of the screen down...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2017 at 19:42, Auric Goldfinger said:

Skoda will do nothing until you video the screen frozen with you trying to swipe it or change stations. We have just had the Wifes Fabia MKIII  radio screen replaced for exactly the same thing ( Under Warranty ) My Ex Octavia MKIII Tdi Vrs did the same but there was a software update which cured the problem. Supposedly.

Dont let them fob you off  " IT'S A KNOWN PROBLEM "   

The radio screen on the MKIII Fabia is only as thick as a mobile phone, the actuall unit is located in the glove box. Behind the screen is a large hole where the unit should be fitted and is used to fit an aftermarket unit, my local dealer thinks that the large hole is making the back of the screen cold due to the opening.  The back of the screen is covered by a metal plate and there' s a possibility of the back of the screen between the metal plate and the glass is getting damp causing it to be non responsive. Once warmed up the screen works as the cold and damp air dissaperers.

Does all that make sense ?

Hope that helps, a bit

AG

Thanks. They have admitted it's a known problem and have had several videos, the car has been in six times, yesterday they tried to install the update three times via SD card, this morning it failed again :-(