Skoda CItigo receipt holder (plastic clip!) (may be called photo holder)

billythepet

Hello... just joined this forum today!

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of replacing the photo holder in a citigo? (the plastic clip that sits on the left side of the dash board).... my dealership is wanting £30 just to replace the plastic clip!

If so, I would really appreciate it if you can give a step by step guide on how to do it? Hope it is a straight forward job! 

Many thanks :) 

image.thumb.png.def5d0c9a1368248d1166cb35555eb83.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have just replaced mine for around £3. You have to remove the radio first. I bought a trim removal kit on EBay for around £5 which has a number of plastic trim removals tools and the radio removal tools - You also need a t20 Torx bit. There are good you tube videos on how to remove the radio - once out you will see that the clip sits on a little post behind the radio and is easily replaced. There is a bit of a faff pitting the radio back in as the harnesses need a little persuading to go where you need them to, but quite a simple job - if you have the right tools!

• 3 months later...

@Crabman66 I've got a broken photo clip too. Do you know the part number for the clip?

I'm sure if I call the dealer they won't have a clue  what I'm talking about then they won't be able to find it on their system so a part number would cut through that pain.

Peter

• 9 months later...

I had the same problem when bought mine Citigo - clip was broken. It is bit of a hassle to get it replaced as someone wrote it already, You have to remove radio unit and heater controls in order to replace this clip. Actually, just loosen the 4 screws holding heater control dials and pull radio unit slightly forward. Just be very carefull not to pull out Your heater controls to far out as one of the operating cables may come off loose.

VAG Part No: 1ST 857 956 (for LHD)

VAG Part No: 1ST 857 955 (for RHD)

Edited by john999boy
Part numbers corrected.

• 4 months later...
On 17/06/2019 at 18:46, TonyBenn said:

Thanks for the info but I ordered a clip plus a spare, using part number 956 for a UK vehicle and this part fits the LHD Citigo. 955 on order.....  😞

Sincere apologies for a wrong part numbers, I was given both clips at the same time to try which one is the right one as the dealer wasn't to sure which one would be correct one. Hence th confusion with part numbers as I was given both already unpacked.

Original post reported to moderator to correct the error.