Slight hesitation mk1 vrs

SHBLT79

Hi guys/gals..

so Saturday I picked up a mk1 vrs.. I was driving home and noticed around 1500-2000 rpm a slight hesitation as the turbo comes in. As if it’s sticking? The turbo boosts well as is defo faster than my old mk4 gttdi 130.

anyone had this before ?

1 hour ago, cheshire_cat said:

check for 1 full vane travel 2 faulty actuator (vac ) and 3 control vac line for cracks and leaks after that it's code reading time

Thanks for that. I will do that over the weekend. Very strange as it only does it every now and then... pulls really well other wise...

Egr valve +1.

Pull the vacuum actuator pipe and plug it, it'll throw the eml on but if it sorts it you'll know it's that.

The eml will go off a day or two after reattaching.

If it's a BLT then it could be the egr valve

Is this a malfunction with codes or just a 'design' error and a 'normally functioning' EGR valve. Is this where the fix is to put a restrictor plate in the EGR pipe flange with a ?9mm hole?

Same symptoms as mine before I replaced egr. Take c clip and use torch to look at state of egr. It gets choked up with black oil gunk stopping a plunger valve moving up and down. Mine cost £115 ish from dealer with all seals but peps egr delete. Also my M.A.F. sensor had stopped working. Not sure if this would cause this hesitation?

I had this issue yesterday the car was just lagging and turbo would kick in at higher revs than usual. Unplugged the maf sensor and it was much better. Have now replaced sensor and its all back to normal