Petrol VRS buying advice

37 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Haha! I'm not a chrome person tbh, will be attempting to remove any shiny bits in future!

Trust me, it's worth the upgrade here. Looks better and feels better. Adds a nice weight to the key, otherwise it feels quite cheap and plasticky.

Agree on chrome elsewhere; I have black pack and glad I don't have chrome round the front grille or anywhere around the windows.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Trust me, it's worth the upgrade here. Looks better and feels better. Adds a nice weight to the key, otherwise it feels quite cheap and plasticky.

Agree on chrome elsewhere; I have black pack and glad I don't have chrome round the front grille or anywhere around the windows.

I'm used to a big plastic Volvo key so anything will feel better than that!

On 18/12/2017 at 18:35, Tim1631 said:

Wow! 19k!

i paid 18k for a brand new facelift 230 that has just been made. 

Meteor Grey 

Black Pack

Heated seats/Alancantara

Pano roof

Spare wheel 

If I was the OP id always buy from a dealer. 

@Tim1631, where did you source your car from for this price (which I assume it is an estate as you say it has a pano roof) and who else did you consider buying from? I assume that at this price you used a broker.

Buying from a dealer brings a lot of value in terms of buyers' rights and protection (versus buying from a private seller). You pay your money and take your choice.

21 hours ago, the_r_sole said:

Haha! I'm not a chrome person tbh, will be attempting to remove any shiny bits in future!

Neither am I and I was very keen for my car to have the black pack to keep it chrome free, but it does make the key look and feel a lot more premium. As a former Volvo owner myself, I know the key fobs are giant things, but if you ever change your mind, mine were £8 for 2 on eBay :)

Super Skoda is good, but leave it until they have a 20% off weekend to make them even cheaper still. I got all sorts for my Citigo from them and will get a boot mat for the Octy as they are just over half the price of the main dealer here for a boot mat. There are some dealers that sell cheap goodies on eBay or their own sites as well, is there anything you have in mind? I’m after a waste bin for mine; my 2 year old can’t be trusted without one!

Yes, I have one for the Mercedes, though I have no intention of paying that kind of money again, it’s not a rare option in the Skoda! Rubber mats are £45 and boot mat £70 from the main dealer for reference (no I did not buy mine there!!) but don’t know about rear seat covers.

Haha, well it’s up to you. Don’t rush it, wait till Christmas is over with and then whenever you get chance if you get a postage cost, send it me and I’ll pay it and put a couple of ££ on for 2 key covers as they are £0.97 each (technically one is £0.97 and the other £0.96 as it’s 5% off of you buy 2!) and send you the eBay link if you don’t already have it. Does that sound ok?

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

Thanks, ordered a couple of black ones for mine! Keys are always getting scuffed from dropping them etc.

• Like 1

It’s ok, I’m the same, took a massive chunk out of my Volvo key when I had it and I had to get another key and swap the innards out because it bothered me so much. You can buy new cases for those now but not covers like this. As the Octy, CLK and the Citigo all have keys that have covers available, well, you know how it goes :)

On 24/12/2017 at 21:33, SashaGrace said:

I've just bought a dark blue one, hopefully it looks like a silicon race blue to match my car! 

• Like 1