Ordered a vRS 230 - Black pack thoughts?

Hi all!

I’ve been lurking in these forums for a few months, but this is my first post here. I’ve ordered a vRS 230 in Candy White with KESSY and heated front seats (no black pack), which currently has a build week in Jan (excited is an understatement).

Whilst out Christmas shopping with the Mrs, we parked next to a pre-FL version (Candy White also) without the black pack and I couldn’t help but feel a bit disappointed. Admittedly it was dark, but now I’m unsure I made the right decision. I pretty quickly dismissed the option when speccing the car because I thought it looked a bit tacky, but i’ve since realised that all of the photos I’ve been drooling over for the past month or so all have the black pack selected. I could change my order now to include it, but it would likely push the build week back.

Without having both side by side to compare (in person), I’m struggling to make a decision. What’s people’s opinion/experiences with the black pack on the FL version?

I own a pre FL vRS but both it and my Citigo MC have the black pack. My Octy is grey and the Citigo white and tbh I was only considering them if they had the black pack, really sets the car off IMO but I suppose chrome on a white car isn’t so bad.

Chrome is fine I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Also have a pre-facelift with the black pack. Black grille was retrofittable on the pre-FL and I'd assume the same with the FL if it bothers you so much. Black mirror caps shouldn't be too difficult to DIY either.

you can also buy real carbon covers for the mirrors which do look good, superskoda sell the black pack covers (not stick on) in the correct paint, Get your anthracite wheels done in black would be around £300. got mine priced with a diamond cut and refurb in black magic for £75 a wheel

vRS3.jpg.e7352726b7f00ef78f30e00106dc1210.jpg