Fan running a lot

Hi

my sup RV has 13k miles on it and I have noticed recently that after a short run on 5 miles home that the fan is running when I thave rn the car off. Doesn’t seem normal to me so wanted to see what others have to say?

Chance is that its doing a regen - its something you will get very used to, they happen all the time

Do a search for "Regen" or "Regeneration" and there should be plenty of info. I've attached the link from the Octavia forum which has loads of info.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/301020-my-new-diesel-smells-like-burning-rubber-andor-the-fan-stays-on-after-engine-is-turned-off/

Since I bought my car in June this year, I've noticed the fans running several times on two separate occasions after turning off the engine after I've being making only short journeys and then this was followed each time by the DPF warning light coming on.  A run up and down the Brecon bypass in 4th gear a few times cleared it.  I was surprised when it happened the second time (only last Saturday) as I'd driven from Brecon to Bristol Airport 8 days previously and then to Merthyr Tydfil only 6 days previously, which is a round trip of 40 miles.    My daily drive is about a mile to and from work and I drive home at lunchtime, so I know it's not good for a diesel as it barely starts to get warm before it's switched off each time.