Mudflaps for FL vRS Estate

53 minutes ago, Ozzy25 said:

My only concern at the moment is that the instructions show 2 plastic chassis covers under the car. I only have one. The one under the exhaust is not there. This is what the plastic plug/clip attaches to. So mine is just into the fabric wheel arch liner which seems a bit crap. The whole rear bumper on that side just moved around too much in my opinion. Does anyone have 2 or is it just 1 fitted???

IMG_3451.JPG

Only 1 fitted and it's fine. Use a black cable tie on the fabric liner instead if necessary.

11 minutes ago, BlackAndBlue said:

Had a go at the fronts today, I know there is a hole I need to drill for the third screw, it's the flat hook-like bit I just don't get :/

Like this one?

images.jpeg.c8eca2cbad47aa602ebb1696faa25514.jpeg

IIRC, it clips on to the bottom of the wheelarch liner, then you put the screw through the mudflap, and through one side of this speed nut, through the liner and through the other side of the speed nut.

HTH.

2 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Like this one?

images.jpeg.c8eca2cbad47aa602ebb1696faa25514.jpeg

IIRC, it clips on to the bottom of the wheelarch liner, then you put the screw through the mudflap, and through one side of this speed nut, through the liner and through the other side of the speed nut.

HTH.

The above metal clip is for the rear mud flaps. And only if you have a metal chassis cover to be used with the metal torx screws. If you have a plastic chassis cover you just used the serrated plastic push in plug. For the front you just drill a 6mm hole in the plastic wheel arch (not 7mm as in instructions) then use the plastic plugs again. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ozzy25 said:

The above metal clip is for the rear mud flaps. And only if you have a metal chassis cover to be used with the metal torx screws. If you have a plastic chassis cover you just used the serrated plastic push in plug. For the front you just drill a 6mm hole in the plastic wheel arch (not 7mm as in instructions) then use the plastic plugs again. 

Sorry, yes that's correct. It's a while since I fitted mine...

31 minutes ago, BlackAndBlue said:

It’s this top part, I can’t work out where it’s meant to sit. The flaps are not flush at this section however appear to be fine at the bottom part.

Also, can you see why I need mudflaps...

A0859A3A-9ED6-4984-A5A9-EC5E53400DFF.jpeg

That bit goes behind the metal bodywork of the wheel arch and in between the black plastic wheel arch liner. I fitted that bit first before all the screws. Push the hook bit against the black plastic wheel arch liner. It should move a little bit. Then tilt and slide the hook on the mud flap to the left to get the hook behind the metal bodywork. Then align all your screw holes. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...