Bye bye Yeti

DaveLees

Today is my last day as a Yeti owner (well almost last day as it will not be picked up by BCA until Friday).

I've had 3 Yetis over the last 8 years, all have been great motors, with no problems ,other than some zinc inclusion on the first two, which was dealt with without any problems.

If the Yeti was still being produced I would probably be picking up number 4 today, but in view of the decision to stop production I will be picking up my Octavia 1.5tsi, se technology today.

I'll still be keeping an eye on the Yeti forum, but will be more active on the Octavia section now.

• Like 2

Before our little turn of fortune that enabled the purchase of an XC60, we were looking at the SEAT Ateca - for the money it seemed a really good option; obviously now there's also the Skoda Karoq but the SEAT seemed to be a bit better in the specs and options that we were interested in.  And if I may bang the Volvo drum, the new XC40 looks nice (although limited engine/drivetrain choice).  I was never a fan of the Japanese offerings (Cashcows, RAV4s etc) except the Mazdas, although their engine line-up was a little restrictive.  Compared to the SEAT and Skoda versions, VW have priced themselves into Audi territory with little to justify it (nice enough cars, but then so are the SEAT and Skoda ones for less money).  Mercedes make some nice-looking options, but $$$.  BMW and Audi the same.  Peugeot have slowly been getting better, Citröen have lost the plot, Renault aren't far behind, Dacia are good value but..... I just couldn't.

I wonder what the next Defender will be like?

Yes, the XC40 is on my list to look at, as will be the Tiguan and Audis (well already started looking), though the latter are very much in the jelly mould type of design which so many hate and I'm not overly keen on and the grilles are getting bigger and bigger. the Tiquan is less so and has sharper lines and is growing on me the more I see them.

At the moment though the Karoq 1.5 tsi is still favourite and when I retire and change the Yeti we will be selling my wife's Mini so will have extra funds to get something more expensive if we want to. Ateca would be considered but it doesn't have the removable rear seats as an option.

Edited by VAGCF

In Australia the diesel Hyundai and Kia range of SUV (Santa Fe and Sorento) get rave reviews, particularly with the Australian based local suspension tuning they get.

The previous Korean or American tuning we got was woeful but versions supplied from the Czech Republic were noted to be pretty reasonable.

Can't help being a bit sceptical since I owned earlier versions and the reviewers were equally enthusiastic about them, but I found many (major/annoying) flaws that were not even mentioned.

They don't seem very popular in the UK, well not in this forum

XC60 is quite expensive here but I can understand the attraction.

Edited by Gerrycan