Bolero randomly rebooting

Octy09

Hi all

recently (past few months) I’ve noticed that the bolero system is randomly shutting down and rebooting as I’m driving along (entire screen goes black, even on standby when the analogue clock is showing). Doesn’t seem to be a pattern to it - happens when using media, DAB or CarPlay. It mostly comes back on a few seconds later but then requires me to turn it back on from ‘standby’ mode, if I’ve been listening to music or radio.

Anyone else experienced this? My car was in for a service just last week and I asked them to look at this; frustratingly they called yesterday to say that a software update is now available. So hopefully this fixes it - anyone else had the software update carried out? Or experienced the issue? 

I had problems a while back with it rebooting when it was connected to Android Auto but the problems solved when I changed phone. That was a Samsung S7 Edge, and I think it may have been trying to communicate across using both Android Auto and MirrorLink, as the phone was compatible with both. It's not done it since I changed to a OnePlus phone, which isn't compatible with MirrorLink.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I am having this problem.  Dealer has done the software update but it hasn't fixed the issue.  Please see my other thread where I mention this.

The dealer currently has the car and they are using it plugged in to their diagnostics as it's an intermittent problem to see if they can have it happen while plugged in.

• Thanks 1

Hmm. Interesting. On a side note, I took mine for its software update last Saturday and the dealer then said it would take too long to install, and this was on a Saturday so they were only open until 12. Frustratingly it’s had to be booked back in again for next week, so I’ll be very annoyed if this doesn’t solve the issue - lots of wasted time. 

Will report back! Intermittent problems are the worst.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Zade77 said:

Any luck with this?? I got my Brand new Fabia Estate Monte Carlo last week and bolero is randomly rebooting also..

Hi. After getting this “fixed” at the end of Jan, the problem has returned and I’ve noticed this happening 6 times in the past 2 weeks alone. Not really sure what to do next after wasting so much time before. 

If its happening on your brand new Monte then I’m wondering if this “software update” really has made any difference, or if they’re just clutching at straws.

it seems to mostly happen anywhere within 15 mins of the system being switched on. 

Edited by Octy09

Ours is still doing it.

its does mainly happen within 5 minutes of starting the car.

There is no pattern to it. We’ve had it happen to both my wife and I when we both have different phones connected, no phones connected and even when there is no USB cable attached.

The dealer even had a tech take the car home for a week to see if it recreated the fault which it didn’t. The day after we got it back it happened again.

59 minutes ago, M1cks said:

Ours is still doing it.

its does mainly happen within 5 minutes of starting the car.

There is no pattern to it. We’ve had it happen to both my wife and I when we both have different phones connected, no phones connected and even when there is no USB cable attached.

The dealer even had a tech take the car home for a week to see if it recreated the fault which it didn’t. The day after we got it back it happened again.

Yep. Same with mine. Sometimes listening to the radio, sometimes with Bluetooth audio streaming, sometimes with Apple CarPlay up and running. 

It’s deeply irritating - especially when it’s so inconsistent. I suspect Skoda aren’t investing enough time in their tech teams for them to find such bugs. 

When I took mine to be “fixed” I suspect the dealer had just noticed by chance that a software update was available - not that it would cure this specific issue.