DPF monitoring app for iPhone?

• 9 months later...

OK Thanks

Might have to go that route myself. I found a comment from the author of VAG Dpf who was quite clear that there would be no iphone version as he does not speak IoS and had no intention of learning ;-)

Bob

3 hours ago, 9fingers said:

I found a comment from the author of VAG Dpf who was quite clear that there would be no iphone version as he does not speak IoS and had no intention of learning ;-)

Can he not "phone a friend" who does speak iOS and come to an agreement to share the proceeds of an iOS version?

18 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Can he not "phone a friend" who does speak iOS and come to an agreement to share the proceeds of an iOS version?

Reading between the lines I got the feeling he was quite anti-apple.

A bit like the extreme polarisation between advocates of windows PCs Vs Apple Macs let alone the Linux brigade.

It is years since I did any serious programming but it maybe he uses odd quirks of Android that might not port well into iOS which I suspect is a more rigorous development environment than Android.

Bob

Edited by 9fingers

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, momasz said:

bump... has anyone managed to find a way to monitor DPF on iPhone?

VCDS Hex-NET is compatible with iphones but it's not cheap.

I think Carista has a DPF tool and there is an iphone compatible version. No idea what it does or tells you as I've never used Carista, another member might be able to offer more feedback...

I am currently using Car Scanner software and the connection with my car is made using Vgate iCar Pro ODB2 adapter (via Bluetooth 4.0) but it looks like the app is missing DPF functionality