Current Fabia lead times

Zade77

Just being nosy but who was it ordered at?

Best get a Build Week, not as though it should not have one by now.

Even if there are Skoda UK Call handlers saying there is the system down, being reworked and all such nonsense when Dealerships 

are not being very good with Customer Service.

Skoda UK Call handlers have been telling people 6 months average.

They obviously can not understand averages because how many wait 7,8 or 9 months?

4 1/2 months is a bit much really on a Fabia.   Not like some new Model and demand greater than supply, but maybe there are some good reasons.

The supplier should be able to say what that is, and get the build date by now.

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

Skoda UK Call handlers have been telling people 6 months average.

They obviously can not understand averages because how many wait 7,8 or 9 months?

4 1/2 months is a bit much really on a Fabia.   Not like some new Model and demand greater than supply, but maybe there are some good reasons.

The supplier should be able to say what that is, and get the build date by now.

George, I have a build week on my Karoq of week 5, and I was wondering what the delivery time from build to dealer was, approx. (assuming it is built on week5..............)

• Like 1

My wife bought a Monte Carlo yesterday, but luckily was sitting in the showroom in colour and spec she wanted, all sorted and should have it in a week or so.  Coupled with the dealer doing  a great deal as he wanted registrations this month, happy days all round.

Remember ordering my first Mk3 Octy VRS, that took 4 months to come and seemed a long time, so hope the 6 months is not correct for those waiting unless you are more patient than me :)

Have I been sold a Pup, ordered a SEL Estate with a few extras first week of Jan. I was told there should be no prob getting it for the new reg's in March, am I be realistic or were the garage telling porky pies. They have not sent be a build number yet!!

I ordered a colour edition 1.0 Tsi in the second week of January.

I have been initially told the end of March for delivery .

I received my order form today (ordered car whilst sales person on training course) which actually now says March/April. 

So looking about 10-12 weeks for build and 2 weeks for Delivery.

I am not in any hurry and getting quite good at waiting for VAG cars to be built, waited 7 months for VW Golf last year! :blink:

Mine was ordered by Seat Coventry, its through a car lease scheme at my work and the dealer has been asked not to discuss lead times with me.. So i contacted the lease company and the only info they have given me is delivery in mid April.. :dull:

I ordered a 1.0TSI 110 DSG Combi Style (SEL) just before New Years Eve. Today i got confirmation about build week 5. The only extras were leather steering wheel and ACC. In FInland

don't think it took anywhere near as long to get mine.. if delivery times are dropping off, no wonder Skoda are losing sales.. I ordered my Fabia mk3 in Jan 2015, got it in Mar 2015, about 6 or 7 weeks if I recall.. and mine was delayed!  so if people are talking about 4 to 6 months.. that's as bad as the VW Polo and that's built in South Africa.. no real excuse for Skoda.

1 hour ago, vc-10 said:

If delivery times are increasing, surely that suggests that sales are increasing and there's an ever increasing backlog?

As far as I am aware the delay to Petrol engines is causing the problem as Skoda are not selling as many diesels now, so the percentage of petrol engines required is above expectations. The Skoda I have ordered does not appear to be overly delayed, so I believe it is the cars for stock which are suffering delays rather than customer ordered vehicles. 

On 23/01/2018 at 12:44, vc-10 said:

If delivery times are increasing, surely that suggests that sales are increasing and there's an ever increasing backlog?

Or, you could look at it, as times are increasing because the production lines now include Skoda's which no-one really wants like the Karoq and Kodiaq..

• Confused 1

??

They are selling like hot cakes, people are placing orders and unlike the Mk3 Fabia at launch Skoda UK is not needing to get them out to Fleet & Hire Companies to make the First Registrations look good.

For a few Years the Mk2 Fabia was Skoda UK's best seller, that is not the case with the Mk3 Fabia. 

How Skoda's Kodiaq will help grow UK sales to a new high.mhtml

Production line for the KAROQ in Mladá Boleslav - ŠKODA.mhtml

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

I think the Fabia's price is a bit high compared to the MK2 and that must have hurt sales a bit. It is no longer a lot cheaper than a Polo or Fiesta etc. What a lot of people don't often research is that the price of the Fabia is still very cheap when you consider the much better finance packages Skoda offer. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MozzyMarr said:

I think the Fabia's price is a bit high compared to the MK2 and that must have hurt sales a bit. It is no longer a lot cheaper than a Polo or Fiesta etc. What a lot of people don't often research is that the price of the Fabia is still very cheap when you consider the much better finance packages Skoda offer. 

I enquired about a new polo just out of curiosity when having my Golf serviced today.

An SE spec 1.0 Tsi polo with discount and finance incentive was still £14k (matching a drive the deal quote I did).

The Fabia I’ve have just ordered was quite a lot cheaper (by thousands) and is a similar spec.

I get that the Polo is a “new” car and has the latest chassis and the current Fabia does not, but the finance deals and discounts massively sway me towards Skoda.

I’m not tempted at all to go with another manufacturer at the moment.

Price for price the Fabia won hands down whilst I was searching for a car.

Please remember though the saying “if you don’t ask, you don’t get”. 

Dealers will give discounts but you have got to bring your thumb screws with you and be brave. ;) 

Is it really taking that long? Having a test drive for the day while the Superb is being serviced in 3 weeks time and if we like it the plan would be to get one early June just before the Mrs Note needs an MOT. It will have to be a factory order due to the spec we want. We only waited 3 months for the Superb to arrive as a factory order. Stunned to hear the Fabia may take longer.