Coilovers or spring

2 hours ago, Damian@DPM said:

What kind of drop are you looking for?

Damian @ DPM Performance 

I am thinking about 50 to 60mm drop but waiting for some 18inch wheels to come into stock so not 100% yet. Just trying to get some ideas. 

Talk to @Copey one of the few who has gone that low on here without coilovers. He has found approx 60mm drop plus 8J rims caused rubbing and paint damage. Whereas @RiderXXL went the pricey coilover route and could raise it up when ground clearance was an issue.

Edited by camelspyyder

If you have wide rims I wouldn’t lower anymore than 25mm. Cost me a fair bit to repair the body. I had 8.5j but 8j would still be too wide. I learned my lesson and now gone 7j rims and H&R lowering springs and it only raised it abit over the previous setup

• Like 2

Copey is your on the rapid struts and do you have a photo yours on the 25mm springs?? 

I am looking at some bigger wheels 18 x 8.0 for summer use and keeping my 17 x 7.0 for winter. Just can't make my mind up with the colour for the 18's either machined silver or gloss graphite. Veemann vc540's photo from their website. 

19624475_300441327085771_4246168723691405312_n.jpg

Edited by Bsissons

So here is my rapid 1.2tsi elegance greentech on 17" Skoda wheels with Eibach (skoda approved) 30mm lower... http://www.eibachshop.co.uk/info-part-list?make=SKODA&model=RAPID (NH3)&spec=1.2 TSI 01%2F07%2F2012 its also got a splitter on the front, which if I'm honest makes it a bit to low as I keep catching it on the kerbs :(

IMG_20180106_123953.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JonBRapid said:

So here is my rapid 1.2tsi elegance greentech on 17" Skoda wheels with Eibach (skoda approved) 30mm lower... http://www.eibachshop.co.uk/info-part-list?make=SKODA&model=RAPID (NH3)&spec=1.2 TSI 01%2F07%2F2012 its also got a splitter on the front, which if I'm honest makes it a bit to low as I keep catching it on the kerbs :(

IMG_20180106_123953.jpg

I like the look of that a lot.

Davy

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skodaboy1983 said:

I like the look of that a lot.

Davy

Its loved and cared for... going in for a special service on Friday but my favorite bit is my audio :) sounds even better than it looks ;)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bsissons said:

I have hit a double height curb with my splitter but got it repaired. Here's a side shot of how she looks at the moment.

DSC_0378.JPG

ah the 4x4 look ;) I remember it well with my old white one...

On 24/01/2018 at 20:39, Bsissons said:

It's not untill you see 2 photos like that you really notice the difference 

I notice the difference when mine are clean and when they’ve not had a wash for a couple of weeks! It is gunning how the colour makes them look bigger...

• 3 weeks later...