VW Up! GTI. 2018.

Ootohere

9 minutes ago, Offski said:

Under £16,000 will get you a new Ibiza FR Sport 1.0 TSI 115ps DSG.    Seat RRP's are to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Does it mean that with a few mods a DSG 7speed could be fitted to the UPGTi? Or a future option possibility.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Offski said:

Just a few mods and why not.  Wider front track, and rear for looks and function.

Or even twin engines in a Up!.   

Someone must have considered that or be doing it.

Think I would invest in an MOD cast off.

2 hours ago, vrskeith said:

Pays your money and takes your choice I guess . New Seat Ibiza FR Sport with 7 Speed DSG @ £19000 without any discount applied, that's about £4k up on the Up GTi and you obviously wanted the DSG. handy a direct comparison imo

Think the Suzuki Swift Sport is better value than the Seat.

I paid £14.3k for one. With spare and Pano roof. 

Brand new!

its a better car than the UP! 100%. Just paying for the badge. The UP GTi is a decent car, just small things that let it down. 

Your video above regards the Micra isn’t really a comparison with the UP either to be honest. 

Drove the Swift, didn’t like it. Engine was horrendously loud as it has a tiny boot. 

The Ibiza it’s is he best of the bunch in my opinion. Have a test drive. You’ll soon make the jump to the Seat

Edited by Tim1631

1 hour ago, vrskeith said:

Does it mean that with a few mods a DSG 7speed could be fitted to the UPGTi? Or a future option possibility.

Or just buy the Ibiza in the first place B)

Edited by Tim1631

20 minutes ago, Defenderben said:

At least it looks like the Ibiza FR sport gets rear disks, unlike the Up GTi with the same drums as the rest of the Up/Mii/Citigo range, which to me is poor :)

Same basic seats with just a retrim too. The GTI is a good car, however it isn’t special enough. There’s a lot of things missing to make it a really, really good little motor 

15 hours ago, Defenderben said:

At least it looks like the Ibiza FR sport gets rear disks, unlike the Up GTi with the same drums as the rest of the Up/Mii/Citigo range, which to me is poor :)

But does it do the task in hand, meeting  all the safety and performance requirements. What are the relative stopping performances in all conditions for this type of car?

15 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

Same basic seats with just a retrim too. The GTI is a good car, however it isn’t special enough. There’s a lot of things missing to make it a really, really good little motor 

Are these things essential or just nice too have items and a price, As I've said previously "each to their own". Think the Up Gti does exactly what it says on the tin and a bit more. High fun factor around the city,town and country driving,  for an old fart like me.The Boxster and the Golf R 7.5 estate cover all my other motoring needs, and for their big pluses,  currently the Up GTi is the fun daily.

Hence I'm very happy with my acquisition, so much so that I have a top spec replacement on the way, built Week 3 Jan 2019 for 19plate delivery and with a discount appliedby my local VW dealership.

b64d0e39a7b94318bee9889cb974f450.jpg

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, vrskeith said:

But does it do the task in hand, meeting  all the safety and performance requirements. What are the relative stopping performances in all conditions for this type of car?

It’s only my personal opinion, I’m not knocking the overall car but if you have the performance version of a car then I would of liked to see discs all round. They fit nice wheels and leave drums on the rear, Just cheapens it a bit for me.

Overall for around £14k new, don’t suppose there is much else around.

• Like 1

People have jumped on the band wagon, thinking they have a brilliant car. It’s an ok car. I wouldn’t class it as brilliant. It’s good as it’s got no direct competition. It’s flawed and it’s had corners cut with the lack of equipment. 

As you say. Each to their own. 

This isn’t my only car either (I won’t mention my other cars to try and show off B)) and use the UP (well Ibiza now) as a commuter car. 

The boot is tiny in the UP, rear space isn’t that great, I have two small children. 

It’s just a cheap car, with corners cut. The headlights are terrible, absolutely shocking it’s nearky 2019 and a tip of the range car still having halogens is beyond me.

The seats. Yes they’re heated but that’s it, theyre the sane seats you get in a basic UP/MII/Citigo. 

Im personally disappointed with the car. Each to their own....

15 minutes ago, Defenderben said:

It’s only my personal opinion, I’m not knocking the overall car but if you have the performance version of a car then I would of liked to see discs all round. They fit nice wheels and leave drums on the rear, Just cheapens it a bit for me.

Overall for around £14k new, don’t suppose there is much else around.

Ibiza FR Sport 1 litre DSG haha

As stared above the UP Gti has no direct competition.....yet

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 15:51, Offski said:

Under £16,000 will get you a new Ibiza FR Sport 1.0 TSI 115ps DSG.    Seat RRP's are to be taken with a pinch of salt.

So 32% Discount  WTF on RRP quoted here by Tim1631 , I wonder if this dealer or discounter offers 0% PCP as well ? Are Seat making real profit for VAG or just a lost leader stock piled option when VW demand is high  but their delivery lead times are horrendous . Set up as a good default sale.

• Like 1

Even the Alhambra was at a 32 week wait just a short while back and that is at 12 weeks now and it looks like it might stay in production for a while.

SEAT even put the 1.4 TSI Alhambra through the WLTP while the Sister brands and SEAT discontinued that engine in all models.

Anyone looking at a New Mk3 Face Lift Fabia should check out what they can get an Ibiza for in comparison.

I would go for a Ibiza FR over a Fabia Mont Carlo.

There were lots of non WLTP models to get punted and they seem to have managed that with the offers they are doing.

People buying a keeper likely need not worry about SEAT depreciation. 

DSCN2449.JPG.bd237c507f6a9da08c53e08c63a95379.JPG

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

People have jumped on the band wagon, thinking they have a brilliant car. It’s an ok car. I wouldn’t class it as brilliant. It’s good as it’s got no direct competition. It’s flawed and it’s had corners cut with the lack of equipment. 

As you say. Each to their own. 

This isn’t my only car either (I won’t mention my other cars to try and show off B)) and use the UP (well Ibiza now) as a commuter car. 

The boot is tiny in the UP, rear space isn’t that great, I have two small children. 

It’s just a cheap car, with corners cut. The headlights are terrible, absolutely shocking it’s nearky 2019 and a tip of the range car still having halogens is beyond me.

The seats. Yes they’re heated but that’s it, theyre the sane seats you get in a basic UP/MII/Citigo. 

Im personally disappointed with the car. Each to their own....

I really like the idea of the UP! GTI but I already have a Monte Carlo Citigo.

Like you, I have other vehicles to use, but I find I use the Citigo most of the time due to it's size/economy and lack of realistic depreciation.

As a daily for running to work, and sometimes moving the family at weekends I find the boot adequate, space fine for a family of 4 as both kids under 10 and it drives fine.

When you consider the price, I can't say I have any concerns with the equipment or tech.

We are dealing with cheap cars here.

It's easy to spend £30k+ on a top of the range Skoda these days.

It's not the best car ever, but it might just be the best car for around £15k or less unless you want something more mainstream.  You can spend an extra £10k on a Fiesta!!

Edited by BossFox
  • Like 1

Reminds me of the day I picked up my New Golf GTi mk,1 many  moons ago now.

Great day, as the youth left in me recalls. 

Whether you are 17 or 70. 

Happy motoring days can be had with a smile on your face !

Edited by vrskeith

Ambition of a German owner, to develop a Clubsport S UP GTi

Sorry there is no translation but I think the video says where he is going with this. Suspension mods done in a previous video.

I wonder if Oettinger will give it a go at sensible money.

Edited by vrskeith

Similar to my replacement ,which is due in Feb/March 2019. Mine is slightly higher spec than this. Looks classy imo ,for relatively little money.

Andrew being a bit anal imo but I  agree with some of his points. However, he still loves the car as I do.

Edited by vrskeith