condensation on the in side

gogirl

i  bought a skoda fabia 66 plate  in Sept 2017 its not been driven a lot due to surgery in October.  Yesterday on returning to my car the  rear and back windows were still full of condensation, it had been driven for an  hour, then parked for 6 hours.  The car was warm inside when i parked, but i would have thought the temperature  would have leveled out during the day.

Any help be most grateful. 

Thank you as this is a NEW car to me i had my other one  only 15 years !! 

It was the same just now when i went to get something out of the car. its just the back widows,  i was not sure if sure if this as normal.  I will dry it out tomorrow thanks again.

Check the spare wheel well it may be full of water! 

There are guides how to fix this, usually rubbers under rear light clusters.

This post is in the wrong section you need to move it into a discussion forum

Edited by Nedge68

4 hours ago, KenONeill said:

@gogirl - You could also try going for a drive on a dry day, with the rear windows cracked an inch or so. From Gloucester, maybe up the M5 to Worcester and back at 60 or so.

Thank you, I shall try that.  Today the windows were clear but the back seats felt a little damp. i shall this and the a/c trick as well.

3 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

Put what ever moisture absorbing device you want in the cabin, and one in the boot.

Plenty to choose from, inexpensive, disposable or re-useables.

8a562ddd-47e4-4ee9-acd7-6e376b7d78f9.jpg

719JgmO4AhL._SL1200_.jpg

Thank you i look out for these. Getting to think i should have kept my old 16 year punto never had this before !!

• Like 1

Sad isn't it.

3rd Generation Fabia since 1999. 5th really with Face Lifts, next Face Lift due to come out and yet Skoda never got the hang of keeping H2o out of the cabins and in engines. Over a century of building cars as well.

Voesprung Durch Technik, neither had the parent company since they went from Air Cooled vehicles.

Just now, AwaoffSki said:

Sad isn't it.

3rd Generation Fabia since 1999. 5th really with Face Lifts, next Face Lift due to come out and yet Skoda never got the hang of keeping H2o out of the cabins and in engines. Over a century of building cars as well.

Voesprung Durch Technik, neither had the parent company since they went from Air Cooled vehicles.

Yes it is sad, My first Fabia could be my last, I have always been a Fiat fan, but it had power steering   problems so i thought i would go skoda. i also have an issue with the heated rear window. a sticker been taken off and its  taken some of the elements with it :( 

soo I wish i had kept my old car, Its now gone to the scrappy in the sky,  I have move on !! maybe its getting it own back !!

Thanks for all your advise.

Warm cold warm cold with an unused car inevitably leads to condensation. I wouldn't take that as a sign for the overall car. 

The AC works as a dehumidifier, make sure the blowers get air into the back too. My old car after some wet dog walks I put a mains dehumidifier in the back footwell for a couple of days which worked well.

I had the same problem with my new 2015 Fabia hatch so did quite a few new owners who wrote in to Briskoda at that time. The consensus of opinion was to keep the glass as clean as possible, use moisture absorbing crystals (make sure the container can’t fall over :)  I didn’t . I fitted Skoda rubber mats to stop moisture getting into the carpets and fitted a rubber mat in the boot. As suggested by Nedge68 check the spare wheel well for water plus run the a/c .

I hope everyone’s suggestions work for you Joe

Plenty people have more than one car in the family, and have had different cars over the years so know about condensation in cars sitting unused, 

and know the ones they never have trouble with.

As to the Fabias, just go to a Hire car compound, or a car storage lot, long term airport parking or the likes and it is as clear as day which ones have excess condensation.

There will be plenty of cars sitting there with brakes discs not going rusty, and interior windows not sitting with H2o on them.

Cars you can get in after sitting for a while that you adjust the seat and mirrors, turn on the heater / fan maybe and drive off in with no grinding brakes or 

steaming up windows.