Front brakes replacement parts

Call TPS as they will have the exact parts you require and are usually cheaper than Dealers & other sources.

Edited by Lee

I would say no improvement.   If you want better braking try fitting Braided Brake Hoses.

Do you have a Local Motor Factor you can get to know.

I just used to buy Ferodo for £141 including VAT for 4 discs and the pads, front and rears.

Twincharger Discs%2c Pads%2c Filter%2c Oil 015.JPG

Edited by AwaoffSki

All brake hoses are braided, aren't they? This (original) one came off our humble HTP a couple of weeks ago. Outer protective rubber, then a braided layer.

OK it's not metal braid, but at the same time it's not just rubber.

20180114_172555.jpg

• Thanks 1

1. Good Discs & Pads 

2. Brake Fluid

3. Braided Hoses.

4. Clean & Strip down of Housings

(1& 2 is far more important than 3 & 4 but i was repainting a second set.

EBC'c & redstuff pads (may be overkill), Goodridge hoses (front mids) improvement over stock

Fronts is 288

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Fabia_1.4_2011/p/performance-cars-styling/performance-styling-parts/performance-brake/performance-brake-disc/?926445321&1&&000711

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Fabia_1.4_2011/p/performance-cars-styling/performance-brake/performance-styling-parts/performance-brake-pad/?93044025R&1&0fa032a5ade8091502fb2e65445e8b21636da8f9&000712

dot 4.jpg

braidedjpg.jpg

Edited by Kobayashi
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chibakun said:

So with those discs , pads and new fluid you've linked, do you also need new calipers? 

new ATE / Lucas ' Caliper housings' not necessary simply a cosmetic mod, though i did get them re gasket the green painted ones,

you shouldnt need to do this at all on originals, mine came from 2 x ebay scrappers VRS MK2

(obviously the original red VRS MK2 ones i needed attached to the car! for it to function while i painted the others)

So i now have a spare red Front Set and 1 red rear set off my VRS MK2 if anyone fancies painting them as a project! All sorts of OEM parts lurking in the garage...

Its probably the best upgrade on the car to be honest having really good discs & pads / hoses / new fluid.  

Though i doubt i would tell much difference if the EBC discs were swapped to Brembo for every day use... 

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just bought a 08 Fabia 1.9 tdi and it looks that the pads on the front only cover part of the discs, as if disc was 288 mm and a pad was made to fit the disc of a smaller diameter.

Both Discs don't look good and aren't great on this car comparing to VW Touran, so I am going to replace them along with the fluid.

My question is - would calipers be the same for a smaller or wider pads,in other words - whoever put  the smaller pads made a mistake by ordering wrong parts, or the wider pads just wouldn't fit and they had to go with the narrow ones?

Thank you

According to the table here , a 1.9 tdi will have 288 front discs. Part numbers of  all parts should be here,

I can't say for sure, but I don't think I'd expect pads for a different disc size /  caliper type (e.g. 256mm/FSIII)  to physically fit in the Lucas C54 calipers?

• Like 1