James’ Black Magic VRS

JaamesVRS

I’ve had my Fabia now since June of last year, I went from my track spec 106 GTi to the Fabia and quite honestly I hated it. I’ve been thinking of selling and buying a Megane R26, however due to recent events that has all stopped!! 

The photos I have of the progress so far are vague as I wasn’t expecting to keep the car. I noticed as soon as I got the car the exhaust was in bad shape, so I bought one of them exhausts everyone posts about, tube decat and tip, that went on nicely and painted the grill surround black and fitted new style badges, aswell as one of them eBay rubber lip things! Shortly after that I got myself a remap, the car made 166.8bhp and 325ftlb. 

I couldnt stand the standard 16” wheels so bought a set of spiders with good tyres for £120, they still need a referb now but that is coming.

MOT time come round and my rear calipers were leaking real bad, so I bought 2 new rear calipers to replace.

couple of weeks ago the turbo decided to go pop, no warning signs, no smoke, no lack of power just went as I drove down the road, a pop followed by siren noise!!

at this point I was unsure what to do, I purchased a new CHRA Cartridge and got RD Automotive to fit it for me, £45 later the turbo was rebuilt and fully cleaned out the VNT system. He said it was slightly sticky but nothing bad! 

I also bought an FMIC and Coilovers (Weitec) off mr Steve (Skoda Saint) and took a trip with the mrs upto enfield, great chap, loads of knowledge! 

I had had some issues fitting the FMIC but now the car is finally back together!! It’s holding around 25psi of Boost which is low but as quick as it was before! Maybe even quicker as now my clutch is slipping in 5th and 6th!! So now it looks like I’m balls deep in this car and will replace the clutch with an upgraded item, obviously once that’s done will be rude to not chase power (uh oh) so the car which was temporary now seems to be staying!! 

My latest plans are to fit the coilovers this coming weekend with a new set of Mondeo drop links and get the seats Wet Vac’d as they are awful

Heres some photos of the car and I will take more now as I’m keeping it and try and keep a decent progress thread going!! 

0BDA71E0-CDC4-4349-B509-59216DEB8E50.jpeg

F4CB2CD8-E927-4ED0-A765-99E184E10D3B.jpeg

37823CFF-6878-426A-BA08-E47B2656FD6B.jpeg

9D6F9759-14CF-4FC6-B295-1A867C6F0180.jpeg

Looking good mate. Spiders suit the car so well. Pretty much same idea as me. Bought as a sensible daily to munch the miles and earn its keep. I'm seriously fighting the urge to put the sachs sre smf kit and lsd in while the clutch is being done. 

They do indeed mate, they come up cheap with good tyres, my 16s needed tyres so worked out cheaper and better looking wheels, 2 birds etc!! Wheels need a refurb bad, they was painted really badly by prev owner and they’re chipping off like no tomorrow, undecided whether to keep gun metal or go gloss black with the wheels 

Looks smart, how did you manage to get that grille surround painted? Im thinking of doing mine tried asking bodyshops but they wont touch it as its chrome.

I'd stick with gun metal as black wheels seem to get a bit lost with all the black, especially on photos.

It’s started to chip mate needs repainting!! However I masked up the badge, the grill emblem, the slats etc and rubbed it down best I could and painted it, I’ve heard you can remove the chrome trim itself but I didn’t want to break anything! I did think keeping them gun metal but undecided if I prefer the black on black with tints etc as my missus JCW looks so smart black on black! 

So today coilovers happened! Set of Weitec HiCon GT went on. Upon refitting of the NSF wheel we noticed some play, lots of play infact, the track rod end was shagged, so a new one went straight on! Damn there was a lot of wiggle!! 

Set of mk1 mondeo drop links went on too!

also whilst fitting the passenger side my lower Boost pipe has been rubbing on the drive shaft!! Ooops lucky I noticed it otherwise left much longer would of work through the aluminium! COuldnt hear a thing which is what surprised me!! So loosened up the lower jubilee and pulled it all forward hopefully problem solved! 

Awful picture as was dark when finished, the cars filthy it’s raining and my wheels are very much due a refurb which is coming. Coilovers are very comfy and feel standard which I’m so happy about! 

18C991B6-8D53-4CCB-A96C-31032A95751D.jpeg