sportline bussines grey vs quartz grey vs black vs white

primoz79

3 hours ago, SkodaNor said:

…………….. I just find it so dull with parking lots with nothing but grey and black.

I agree

Near me there is a dealer I have called "the monochrome garage".  

Its a Mercedes garage and nearly always the cars are white, grey or black.  You don't often see any other colour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was intending to order a Kodiaq Sportline 2.0TDI 150 DSG in Quartz Grey but ended up buying a 190 version in Meteor Grey as the offer was just too good to pass up.

The dealer I went to (Blade Skoda in Weston-super-Mare) also had a 190 in Quartz Grey that was already registered and I got to drive for 40 minutes or so.  Having seen one in the flesh, I'm actually glad I haven't ended up with the Quartz Grey - it's a bit bland and as mentioned previously, not enough contrast with the wheel arch plastic bits.

I would say that I'm a little disappointed in the lack of choice of colours for the Sportline - I've previously owned an Audi A5 coupe in metallic black and I vowed never to own a black car again. Lovely just after it had been washed, but it was very prone to showing water marks if you washed it in the summer and in the winter it would appear dirty within the first 5 minutes of driving!  For the same reasons I wouldn't have a white car and I've previously always avoided having one of the '50 shades of grey' that all manufacturers seem to offer but I've ended up with Meteor Grey and it's definitely growing on me!

Image 2019-01-12.jpeg

Edited by Scratch113
  • Like 1

On 15/12/2018 at 20:55, dny said:

The best perspective of sportline in quartz grey...

2018_skoda_kodiaq_stock_6268365_1.jpg

I'd tend to agree, if it wasn't for the Race Blue Rapid in the background, which makes any shade of grey look very... erm... grey!

On 06/12/2018 at 15:56, linni said:

There should be an option at dealers to choose something like "paintwork shop" colors. About 50 different colors at  price about 800 euros.

But there is! The strange thing is that you can order over 50 colours from the Czech Configurator. So the factory can make them. Beats the h*ll out of me why the European importers won't offer these colours. I have asked the dealer in the Netherlands if they can order these special colours as a special request, but they can't :huh:

Try for yourself at http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/cze/cze/cs-cz/ns7/67119#!cc-instance=CZE&cc-salesprogram=CZE&cc-culture=cs-cz&cc-model=NS7&cc-carline=67119&cc-equipment=&cc-motor=203045&cc-color=9040&cc-interior=DD&cc-packages=MLAKFB1&cc-view=step3&cc-configurationId=0&cc-viewstate={"accessoriesItems"%3A[]%2C"selectedAccessories"%3A[]%2C"lastConfigurationHash"%3A"4_PZ_DD_9040_"%2C"packageItem"%3Atrue}

image.thumb.png.68dcd75577212a807998503554c6fd56.png

Edited by john-doe
  • Like 1

Yes we can. 

There are 5 options for paintwork here:

- ordinary at zero cost

- Candy White, Lazer White and Steel grey at 340 euros

- metallic 510 euros

- Paint Box 840 euros (This is the one with 54 different colors)

- Velver Red 1040 euros

Edited by linni
typo

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/02/2019 at 22:10, dny said:

Wonderful! Please put some more pictures, please! How is the ride on 20 inch rims?

Its not been as clean as that since I bought it. The ride has not been too bad. I would say it is better and quieter than my previous mk3 Octavia vrs on 18”s

On 06/02/2019 at 22:10, dny said:

How is the ride on 20 inch rims?

The Triglavs are only 19”...

edit: ah, never mind, I’m going blind B)

Edited by WiggosSideburns

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Just wow.

At first, I though it was the Dragon Yellow (or whatever it is called) from the Superb Sportline... but it's not, it's just lime green. But in any case, does anyone have any spare retinas? Mine have been burnt irreparably.

3 hours ago, Chris999 said:

My wife would not allow it so I have gone for Business Grey.... Boring really...

At least you know you have a good marriage and your wife trusts you.

That retina burner yellow is the one a wife picks for a husband who has cheated, or is suspected of cheating on her. You can go nowhere unnoticed.....ever...again! 

fair point! 

3 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

At least you know you have a good marriage and your wife trusts you.

That retina burner yellow is the one a wife picks for a husband who has cheated, or is suspected of cheating on her. You can go nowhere unnoticed.....ever...again! 

On 05/02/2018 at 13:45, aimlisted said:

The Quartz Grey doenst look right. it seems to have chrome on the windows in that picture

You're right...whats labelled as the Quartz Grey is in fact the business grey. I have the Business Grey and that the exact model in the pic ;)