Replacing STREAM stereo with SONY DSX-A400BT

I'm replacing the bog-standard STREAM stereo with a SONY DSX-A400BT head unit.

I'm having trouble with the switched live (red and yellow off the unit). It seems that both the connections from the car that go into these are both constant live (both red and white), so I'm getting a constant feed of both these regardless of whether the ignition is on or off (also checked with a multi-meter), meaning that I have to physically turn off the head unit when exiting the vehicle. This happens even if I switch the red and yellow wires from the unit (obviously as both are constant).

Has anyone had any experience with this same problem and is there an easy way around it please?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

I ran a fused cable from a switched supply in the fuse box. please see pic attached. Hope this helps.

The reason this has happened (your fault), is the radio is controlled by the canbus.

20180204_145140.thumb.jpg.ef18cebebfd722163cae3e18b5150c88.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Extreme3d said:

I ran a fused cable from a switched supply in the fuse box. please see pic attached. Hope this helps.

The reason this has happened (your fault), is the radio is controlled by the canbus.

20180204_145140.thumb.jpg.ef18cebebfd722163cae3e18b5150c88.jpg

Thanks for this. My mate and I suspected that we may have to run a wire from a spare switched in the fuse box and you've just confirmed it. Cheers