Ok...so I'm not car savvy from a maintenance point of view. But, I don't believe in coincidences and I think there could be a problem here. 

In almost 40 years of driving I have had a variety of cars ranging from a Chevette to an Opel Manta to a 944 Porsche to a BMW, Cavalier and several CRVs. On only one occasion have I had a windscreen that has suffered a crack. I am willing to admit that is perhaps unusual and very lucky. However, since taking delivery of my new Kodiaq in May 2017, I have had 5 direct hits to my windscreen which led to one huge crack and one large chip. I just don't believe that's coincidence or bad luck. Anybody else got any similar stories. I am wondering about the angle of dangle of the windscreen or the bonnet perhaps not shielding the windscreen well enought.

Looking forward to your replies...before I contact Skoda and the dealer. 

Welcome. 

You are up higher than those vehicles you list that might have had the debris going over your head and hitting vehicles behind.

The Honda will just have shrugged off stones, they know about fitting decent glass.

Where did the direct hits come from,

did you see the incoming?

I could understand the angle of the bonnet having some influence if they were a ricochet.

?

Are there lots of quarry lorries or road work lorries on your route?

Those are where i usually spot incoming chuckies coming from.

Contact the major replacement Windscreen companies, or an Insurer, ask them your questions,

they will know if since the launch of Skoda Kodiaq if the statistics show them as stone magnets.

Edited by AwaoffSki

• 3 months later...

Mine has developed a crack from the base of the windscreen extending upwards about 6 inches and then to the right about 3 inches.

Car was sat on the drive, warm to hot weather.  No chips from stones etc.  Drove it in the morning then went to it at 2.30pm and the crack had appeared in the meantime.

Taking it to a dealer this morning to make a warranty claim