Cupra Bush issue

Good evening, got round to fitting new cupra console bushes along with new arms and ball joints and anti roll bar bushes on my fabia vrs, nice and firm now however I'm not sure if it's just they way these bushes are because it's solid but I notice a slight wobble on the steering wheel on some roads, it's as though the steering wheel wobbles to the left or right sometimes, it's only been a few days since they've been fitted, everything's all tight and rebuilt exactly as it was

I can also experience the vibrations from low rpm driving which I was aware of, unsure if I'm going to keep them fitted after the summer or not I'll see how that plays out over a few months, not sure if it was as common on the cupra as it did have that little  extra power over the stock vrs 

20180204_183756.jpg

Edited by krissyneillie1
Added photo

As above check the alignment and also when I fitted mine to my old one. I noticed a lot of vibration at idle. We had a play with vagcom adjusted the idle up a few rpm. Seemed to solve it. They will be harsher as it's a solid bush 

I haven't had it aligned since no but the workshop manual does state it only needs aligned if the steering is out which it's not at the moment but yeah I see your point on that, I do plan to get it aligned, I've still got a wheel bearing to replace for the mot in a couple months so once I get the bearing fitted next couple weeks I'll get an alignment carried out on it, out of curiosity what did you set your rpm to? 

It was many years ago now think I settled on about just over 800. If you play with it there is a sweet spot. You have to keep adjusting it till you find it. Virtually eliminated vibration at idle. 

My fabia I've got now. I'll just replace with the updated standard ones and replace when first signs of wear show 

I fitted PSB poly bushes to mine, after a few hundred miles they settled in nicely and cant feel any vibrations at all now.

Try them for a bit longer and see how they settle.

• Like 1