Brand New Facelift - Condensation In Headlights

As per the topic, Ive noticed condensation on the inside of all 4 of the headlight units. Nothing significant, just noticeable misting. I picked the car up with delivery miles 10 days ago.

I had the normal call back from the salesperson to see if everything was going well - and it generally is - I mentioned that the rear number plate is ever so slightly not level (I notice these things and it really, really bugs me) so he told me to call in when I'm next passing and there will be a new rear plate ready to screw on. I also mentioned the condensation in the headlights. He said that it was because they're new and sealed units, so there will be moisture in there and that normal use will clear it as the bulbs get warm etc.

Whadya reckon everyone? I call BS. To the uninitiated those headlights will continue to mist up for months. I'll probably go out to the drive at the weekend with Mrs PerArdua's hairdryer and sort it out myself in about 5 minutes. 

Are misting headlight units an issue on Octys?

1 minute ago, PerArdua said:

so my plan to go out armed with a hairdryer is a good one?

Haha, I wouldn’t say so. They’ll dry out themselves eventually.  Unless you’re desperate to do it of course. They’ll probably just mist up again as they cool down. 

7 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Haha, I wouldn’t say so. They’ll dry out themselves eventually.  Unless you’re desperate to do it of course. They’ll probably just mist up again as they cool down. 

I've done it before on other cars previously - just take the access lid off the back (so the damp air has an escape route), warm up the glass till completely clear, then refit the the lids.

I'll see if they clear up of their own accord first though.

17 minutes ago, PerArdua said:

so my plan to go out armed with a hairdryer is a good one?

Some condensation appears to be normal, and you're not the first person to create a topic about this on either the pre-facelift or facelift.

You haven't said which headlights you have. I'm sure another poster with LED headlights on the facelift said there wasn't a hatch on the back of the units to open up - as nothing is user replaceable.

If you have the halogens you might be able to do the hairdryer trick.

10 minutes ago, PerArdua said:

I've done it before on other cars previously - just take the access lid off the back (so the damp air has an escape route), warm up the glass till completely clear, then refit the the lids.

I'll see if they clear up of their own accord first though.

If only there were heat source within the headlamp that would save having to use a hairdryer... :blush

4 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Some condensation appears to be normal, and you're not the first person to create a topic about this on either the pre-facelift or facelift.

You haven't said which headlights you have. I'm sure another poster with LED headlights on the facelift said there wasn't a hatch on the back of the units to open up - as nothing is user replaceable.

If you have the halogens you might be able to do the hairdryer trick.

yeah - I have halogens.

My FL ML3 has the led lights and I have noticed the condensation too. Will flag it up with the dealer next time I am passing them. That way it's on record in case it turns out to be an issue.