Delivery times

cjrp

16 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

Haven't heard anything from my dealer though, they don't give me any updates.

When we ordered our second Yeti we received regular updates direct from SUK.

Hasn't happened with our Karoq order, so I asked why, and recieved this answer earlier this week:

Thank you for your recent contact regarding your vehicle order. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I am delighted to hear of your recent purchase of a ŠKODA KAROQ for your next vehicle. I have discussed your query with our Sales Support Team, and they have advised that ŠKODA UK no longer provide email updates to customers on the progress of their vehicle order. The reason is that the ŠKODA Retailers are now responsible to keep customers updated regarding the vehicle progress. I apologise for any disappointment that this may cause.

I hope you find this information useful and thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK.

Kind regards

Customer Relations Advisor
ŠKODA UK 

So, if your dealer isn't keeping you informed, he/she/it should be.

• Like 1

Dominos gives better delivery info than my dealer :biggrin: It's pretty shoddy that there isn't just a web system you enter your order number into and it tells you what's happened so far and what the next stage is. The information's there (hence Live Chat people are able to tell me) but they just haven't stuck a consumer-facing interface on it. Audi even gives you updates on where it is in the factory (for example); obviously that's a more premium car, but still.

28 minutes ago, cjrp said:

Dominos gives better delivery info than my dealer :biggrin: It's pretty shoddy that there isn't just a web system you enter your order number into and it tells you what's happened so far and what the next stage is. The information's there (hence Live Chat people are able to tell me) but they just haven't stuck a consumer-facing interface on it. Audi even gives you updates on where it is in the factory (for example); obviously that's a more premium car, but still.

Spent Sunday with friends. He's got an e-Golf on order and mentioned he'd got the tracking ref. At my prompting he put it in and discovered the car had been delivered to the UK and was awaiting transport to his dealer.

So there is tracking within VAG, even if their dealers appear to be just as lax.

I asked for tracking from dealer - saves them keep updating me if I can check myself

and they said they haven't got such system in place

my mate ordered new bmw 5 series and he has tracking

We are not asking much, this isn't cutting edge technology

Indeed. And we know such systems exist within VAG, just not Skoda. Even their email update system applicable in 2016 was better than what we have now - which is totally reliant on dealers getting off their ar5e.

Contacted my dealer today still showing build week 9, no VIN number yet so we assume it’s not built yet.

Be my luck to get a Sunday night car.

Edited by Karman

6 hours ago, Michael G said:

When we ordered our second Yeti we received regular updates direct from SUK.

Hasn't happened with our Karoq order, so I asked why, and recieved this answer earlier this week:

Thank you for your recent contact regarding your vehicle order. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I am delighted to hear of your recent purchase of a ŠKODA KAROQ for your next vehicle. I have discussed your query with our Sales Support Team, and they have advised that ŠKODA UK no longer provide email updates to customers on the progress of their vehicle order. The reason is that the ŠKODA Retailers are now responsible to keep customers updated regarding the vehicle progress. I apologise for any disappointment that this may cause.

I hope you find this information useful and thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK.

Kind regards

Customer Relations Advisor
ŠKODA UK 

So, if your dealer isn't keeping you informed, he/she/it should be.

If they don't call you, then call them!!!   ;) 

23 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

Calling my dealer tomorrow.    B)

Every other Monday for us. He said he'd keep us updated fortnighly from the date of the order,  and my God, we'll make sure he does :biggrin:

Had an update from the dealer, my car (BW7) should be getting to them from Sheerness on Tuesday (delayed because of the weather which closed the port), and should be ready for collection next weekend :party:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, cjrp said:

Had an update from the dealer, my car (BW7) should be getting to them from Sheerness on Tuesday (delayed because of the weather which closed the port), and should be ready for collection next weekend :party:

Ours is/was BW9.

If only a BW two weeks later meant that our car would be in the UK 2 weeks after yours :D

But I fear not. From comments all over, build weeks seem to be running away from order dates.

I'm still hoping for early April though.

Enjoy, and post pics.

3 minutes ago, Karman said:

I am not confident of mine being built this week (bw9):sadsmile: poor communication from the skoda factory.

Our dealer initially advised BW9, then a few weeks later said it had gone to Status 20. On asking him the obvious question, he said that meant Skoda had allocated confirmed status to the build. Obviously, anything can happen, but ask the dealer if it's showing Status 20.

I agree though. Even what SUK did in 2016 is better than relying on/chasing dealers, and we know that "proper" tracking apps are in use elsewhere in VAG. Just not Skoda :-(

I'll be chasing our dealer for a fortnightly update Monday.

Well here’s my update, I have been onto skoda UK. Asked them my position on the build of my car, 

Skoda reply was “on schedule for build week 9 week commencing the 26th of March”.

I did say this is week 9 but know to them it’s the 26th. Don’t know what to make of that? :dry:

47 minutes ago, Karman said:

Well here’s my update, I have been onto skoda UK. Asked them my position on the build of my car, 

Skoda reply was “on schedule for build week 9 week commencing the 26th of March”.

I did say this is week 9 but know to them it’s the 26th. Don’t know what to make of that? :dry:

Eh?

BW9 is this week finishing tomorrow?

https://www.epochconverter.com/weeks/2018

W/C 26/03 is BW13?

Maybe SUK work on a different system. Who the hell knows. But on their basis, BW7 would be w/c 12/03 yet cjrp above says his BW7 car is in the UK already waiting on a transporter to his/her dealer.

So I'm leaning to the view that SUK don't know their apex from their elbow.

Yep, I was told "Week 7, week commencing 12 February" for my car. Maybe they meant week commencing 26th of Feb (this week) for yours and just typed the wrong month? I've had good information from the live chat people on the Skoda site just by giving them my order number, I'd trust them over anyone else.

Yes, I did challenge him saying I thought build weeks would correspond to calendar weeks, but he just said no.

So it made me really agitated because I know I was right, and it was just a young lad at a call centre.

So I chatted again, this time another operator did say it was this week for my car (bw9) showing but it was still at status 10. 

Saying the system might not be updated yet and could be built. My dealer is now getting in touch with Skoda sales operation on Monday.

My thinking is if it not bw9 (at status 10 still) then why haven’t they updated and given me another build week?

Really poor customer relations, even Seat let me track my build.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Karman said:

My thinking is if it not bw9 (at status 10 still) then why haven’t they updated and given me another build week?

Really poor customer relations, even Seat let me track my build.

They've still got tomorrow to start I suppose.

I can't understand why every other brand within VAG has tracking, but not Skoda.