Delivery times

cjrp

2 minutes ago, 33q said:

Well ... the good news is I finally get my car on Friday......the bad news is that I have to wait until Friday!

Lucky you! Think it’ll be another month before I see mine!!

• Thanks 1

Ordered my 1.6 SE L two weeks ago, Candy white no extras via motability scheme, had  phone call yesterday to say they had my car delivered at the dealers. Cant pick it up til December though as thats the changeover date but I am really impressed with Sinclair the Skoda dealers in Swansea for getting it in so soon.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Goldtw74 said:

It most of been in the dock when you order it! Mine order with is Sinclair I am looking at mid Nov if build goes ahead towards the end of the month.

Was at my dealership in Liverpool yesterday to check up on my order and they had 2 Karoq’s in the showroom, one was a black 1.6 TDI SEL DSG but don’t know what the other one was as I didn’t look! Mine is built and when I was departing to fill up my tank at Costco, the sales person said not to put too much petrol in!! He also confirmed that they are getting orders turning up out of the blue as Skoda’s info system doesn’t seem to be very accurate!!

• Like 1

There were two dockside when we ordered but between putting the order in to Mota and them okaying it they had both been sold, left it with garage and they were going to keep looking, then had the phone call. Salesman who dealt with us has left the dealership though, bit of a surprise as there was no warning from him or Sinclair it was likely to happen.

Havent been excited about  new car for a few renewals now but for some reason the Karoq has me counting down the days...I suppose the fact the Renault has had a complete brake system rebuild twice in the past 18 months might have a part to play in that. (nothing to do with our driving Id like to point out)

24 minutes ago, Exiledbaggie said:

Ordered my 1.6 SE L two weeks ago, Candy white no extras via motability scheme, had  phone call yesterday to say they had my car delivered at the dealers. Cant pick it up til December though as thats the changeover date but I am really impressed with Sinclair the Skoda dealers in Swansea for getting it in so soon.

Have you spoken to Motability to see if you can change it early as it just sitting at Sinclairs till December seems absurd!

Just now, Skodaq said:

Have you spoken to Motability to see if you can change it early as it just sitting at Sinclairs till December seems absurd!

I didnt think they would go for that? Having been a motability customer for 24+ years I have to admit to just following what they tell me without question, reading this forum and a few others this past few months has opened my eyes lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiledbaggie said:

I didnt think they would go for that? Having been a motability customer for 24+ years I have to admit to just following what they tell me without question, reading this forum and a few others this past few months has opened my eyes lol.

It’s worth a try and who knows, you could be driving around in your shiny new toy next week!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Exiledbaggie said:

There were two dockside when we ordered but between putting the order in to Mota and them okaying it they had both been sold, left it with garage and they were going to keep looking, then had the phone call. Salesman who dealt with us has left the dealership though, bit of a surprise as there was no warning from him or Sinclair it was likely to happen.

Havent been excited about  new car for a few renewals now but for some reason the Karoq has me counting down the days...I suppose the fact the Renault has had a complete brake system rebuild twice in the past 18 months might have a part to play in that. (nothing to do with our driving Id like to point out)

Haven't heard from Sinclair for a while I just contact Skoda UK as that's how I found my date maybe moved forward. Maybe the person who left was the one who sold it to me!

3 minutes ago, Goldtw74 said:

Haven't heard from Sinclair for a while I just contact Skoda UK as that's how I found my date maybe moved forward. Maybe the person who left was the one who sold it to me!

Be careful of taking what Skoda UK say literally! I spoke to them on Friday morning and the advisor said it would be with the dealer week 41 ie this week! Spoke again later in the day and the guy I spoke to then said it was still at the factory waiting to go to the port of exit (Emden)!! Seems that they aren’t as clued up as we think they are!!

If a Motability Vehicle is already with a Customer on the 3 Year Lease and Financial Agreement it has to have it's inspection and MOT early and then is going to BCA in December.

The New car can not be delivered early.

If a First Car and the Finance is Approved and car at a Dealership then Motability can arrange early collection, the paperwork is all done, the Advance Payment is agreed etc, 

and that car gets first registered and in 3 years goes to BCA (British Car Auctions) for sale.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skodaq said:

Be careful of taking what Skoda UK say literally! I spoke to them on Friday morning and the advisor said it would be with the dealer week 41 ie this week! Spoke again later in the day and the guy I spoke to then said it was still at the factory waiting to go to the port of exit (Emden)!! Seems that they aren’t as clued up as we think they are!!

I do contact them twice a week for that very reason:D

1 minute ago, Offski said:

If a Motability Vehicle is already with a Customer on the 3 Year Lease and Financial Agreement it has to have it's inspection and MOT early and then is going to BCA in December.

The New car can not be delivered early.

If a First Car and the Finance is Approved and car at a Dealership then Motability can arrange early collection, the paperwork is all done, the Advance Payment is agreed etc, 

and that car gets first registered and in 3 years goes to BCA (British Car Auctions) for sale.

That was my understanding, we had to extend our lease a few renewals ago due to long delivery time, it used to be middle August then end September and Now December, mind you if recent tribulations are anything to go by we could spend half the remaining time with a courtesy car anyway lol

• Thanks 1

Early cancellation of a Motability Agreement and returning a car used to be really a big issue, sincete Big Banks got control of the Charities Funds and Motability Finance became even more Commercial people get away with ending agreements and then taking new ones etc.

There are supposedly penalties and some to lose a bit financially, but others change cars on a whim.

Not something you are going to do at the last months of a 3 years.

But, 

maybe try asking,  you never know, they could maybe agree your cars inspection and MOT and hand back & they can get it flogged, the New car is there after all.

There are thousands of Motability Lease vehicles being 'Recalled' every month as people lose DLA / PIP. 

£2,000 to the person losing the car and after winning the Appeal & getting their back money and the PIP new ones ordered.

Edited by Offski

8 minutes ago, Offski said:

Early cancellation of a Motability Agreement and returning a car used to be really a big issue, sincete Big Banks got control of the Charities Funds and Motability Finance became even more Commercial people get away with ending agreements and then taking new ones etc.

There are supposedly penalties and some to lose a bit financially, but others change cars on a whim.

Not something you are going to do at the last months of a 3 years.

But, 

maybe try asking,  you never know, they could maybe agree your cars inspection and MOT and hand back & they can get it flogged, the New car is there after all.

There are thousands of Motability Lease vehicles being 'Recalled' every month as people lose DLA / PIP. 

£2,000 to the person losing the car and after winning the Appeal & getting their back money and the PIP new ones ordered.

Someone I know got mobility to authorise a new car after having the other car only 5 months.  The reason it was a 1.5 ford Kuga doing 25 mpg! So they awaiting their Karoq!

• Like 1

I got them to authorise me rejecting one after 9 months because it needed new wheels and 2 sets of discs over just the first winter and 6 months.

So the Hyundai had to go.

The ECO tyres were dangerous as well and they were not allowing me to have those changed and i was not driving on them for a second winter.

Mobility allow u 3 hand backs before they ban u from scheme I had issue with them was three weeks left on lease iphoned them and said I wasent useing car anymore if they wanted to take it back early they said no problem I gave it back next day all smiles a year later I went to order a new car they said I had a hand back mark against me for it and if I did it another two times I would be kicked off scheme lmao so u have three hand backs 

2 minutes ago, Neilsam55 said:

Mobility allow u 3 hand backs before they ban u from scheme I had issue with them was three weeks left on lease iphoned them and said I wasent useing car anymore if they wanted to take it back early they said no problem I gave it back next day all smiles a year later I went to order a new car they said I had a hand back mark against me for it and if I did it another two times I would be kicked off scheme lmao so u have three hand backs 

If I recall over a 7 year period. Don't fancy my friends chances of making the Karoq last 3 years as they change cars up to know every 6 months!

This Karoq will b my first Skoda so I’m expecting big things lol would rather of had the grey I’ve ordered but white one will have to do I ordered first week in July friend of mine cancelled there Karoq and ordered chr Toyota was starting at 45 advanced payment a massive reduction from couple months ago I still think Karoq will be better though

Have now been told that my Karoq is in transit to Emden, anyone any idea how long that takes and then how long it’ll be at Emden before being shipped to an UK port? It’s looking like it’ll be November before handover takes place.

18 minutes ago, Skodaq said:

Have now been told that my Karoq is in transit to Emden, anyone any idea how long that takes and then how long it’ll be at Emden before being shipped to an UK port? It’s looking like it’ll be November before handover takes place.

I would say early November would be about right.  I believe Skoda UK can tell you what boat it will be on.

Just now, Goldtw74 said:

I would say early November would be about right.  I believe Skoda UK can tell you what boat it will be on.

Yeah that’s the sort of timescale I am thinking of. At least it’s built and on it’s way. Skoda UK unable to say what boat it will be on at present but will contact them again next week. Am getting impatient!! Lol.