Leather seats

That's a poorly prepared car. Perhaps ask for a professional repair at the dealers before you close the deal? They may be able to call on one of those Smart Repair firms.

Or risk a DIY. But I'd like  someone that knows what they are doing , rather than trying boot polish.

A random search on Google 

http://www.leatherrepaircompany.com/leather-repair-nottinghamshire/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjaHVgrGm2QIV4bftCh3MIAGZEAAYASAAEgJtS_D_BwE

Edited by gregoir

They have repair kits that can fix holes or burns cuts  or scrapes.

It would be worth getting a quote from a good detailer. It's really surprising what talented people can do.

5 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

its wear and tear, unless you hoist yourself in and out or you weigh the same as a bag of feathers its going to happen... regardless

I'm 16 stone and 6'1" and manage to get in without scuffing bolster, most people are so clumsy and don't care about their cars so this is a common issue. the only complaint I have is the 'p'leather is generally of very poor quality and feel, it looks good though :)

On 16/02/2018 at 05:58, marko said:

I'm 16 stone and 6'1" and manage to get in without scuffing bolster, most people are so clumsy and don't care about their cars so this is a common issue. the only complaint I have is the 'p'leather is generally of very poor quality and feel, it looks good though :)

i respectfully disagree with this... ive tried over and over and i'm shorter than you and stockier, without  lifting myself unaturally/uncomfortably, i'm not clumsy and i do care about my car but your not getting in out without wearing the seat sides, no way unless i can levitate.

well i hope you lot are happy.

you just made me go out and use a leather cleaner and feeder on my seats  i got paranoid  they would go the same way. its been preying on my mind since i first read this  thread.

it has made them go a bit shinier  but i guess thats the oils and waxes feeding and protecting it. 

28 minutes ago, maul said:

you just made me go out and use a leather cleaner and feeder on my seats  i got paranoid  they would go the same way. its been preying on my mind since i first read this  thread.

it has made them go a bit shinier  but i guess thats the oils and waxes feeding and protecting it. 

Done this twice a year on every car I've had with leather seats - leather needs to be kept supple otherwise it'll crack and can't be repaired, or at least certainly not without much cost.

Still a little early in the year up here in tropical Scotland for leather conditioner to be brought out. Will wait until it's a little warmer.

2 hours ago, maul said:

What products do you use?

4 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

i respectfully disagree with this... ive tried over and over and i'm shorter than you and stockier, without  lifting myself unaturally/uncomfortably, i'm not clumsy and i do care about my car but your not getting in out without wearing the seat sides, no way unless i can levitate.

Mine's 3 years old and unmarked. I get out using the steering wheel and B pillar to to take my  weight  and try not to roll over the bolsters. 

17 minutes ago, Redboy said:

Mine's 3 years old and unmarked. I get out using the steering wheel and B pillar to to take my  weight  and try not to roll over the bolsters. 

'

Aye, he's got nice seats but you should see the state of his steering wheel and B pillar !  :D  

Suspect that the leather used in most cars is split, coated leather. Full grain leather will only be seen on a very small number of super expensive, quality marques. Problem with coated leather is that no amount of leather conditioners or care will preserve or resurrect a damaged coating. Manufacturers of shoes, clothes and upholstery have been calling split, coated leather 'leather' for many years so I presume it is legal. To my mind, once I became aware of how it is created, the simple 'leather' description is a bit misleading  despite the animal skin involved.

4 hours ago, Trago1987 said:

What products do you use?

I just used some leather cleaner I bought for a leather jacket  years ago and never used at the time.

Here is a review of leather cleaners from autoexpress 2017.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/64350/best-leather-cleaners-2017

Think I might try some of that dodo juice 

7 hours ago, maul said:

I'm sure i read somewhere on here that the leather they use is sealed and so trying to feed and condition them is pointless.

Not sure if this is true but I thought I would mention it

• Thanks 1