Compass/gps issue

Dear forum,

problem solving!

I've been having issues with my Mk3 skoda Octavia sat nat - Amundsen MIB1.

updated maps to be successful and updated my MIB1 firmware to also which was successful. All was working fine for a couple of journeys. Then I lost all satellites, but not compass.

Then lost the compass signal.

The blue connector at the back of the main head unit is the GPS signal feed from the shark fin at the rear? Cleaned the connector yesterday and now my compass has come back working, however GPS hasn't.

i know GPS is used for clock time sync (if selected) sat nav and to boost the mobile phone signal. The time seems to be correct but I have no way of cross-checking the signal feed.

Does anyone know how the MIB1 gets its Compass information from? I presume it's from the 1x GPS antenna? From the results I had.

and would anyone know why I would get compass but not GPS satellites? Car has moved position whilst testing.

i could have a faulty shark fin, and the next would be to check the resistance on the cable and connection at the shark fin end. Heard that early models had GPS failures and water ingress issues. But again, mine has been working fine only up until recently, but the compass information has got me confused.

thank you in advance